Micah Roberts Top 10 Driver Ratings
5-Hour Energy 500
Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 10:15 am (PDT)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Practice 2 Qualified 2010 Results*
1. Jimmie Johnson 6/1 3rd 5th 14th 10th
Swept 2004 season; second fastest 10 consecutive lap average in Friday‘s practice.
2. Denny Hamlin 4/1 10th 1st 4th 5th
Four-time winner with track best 8.2 average finish; second best average practice speeds.
3. Tony Stewart 10/1 4th 12th 15th 2nd
Two-time winner with a series best 3.6 average finish in his last five starts.
4. Carl Edwards 7/1 1st 3rd 6th 3rd
Two-time winner; using chassis that won at Las Vegas and was runner-up ant Darlington.
5. Dale Earnhardt Jr. 12/1 13th 13th 21st 27th
Two-time runner-up; top average speeds in final practice. Using Dover/Fontana car this week.
6. Mark Martin 40/1 15th 6th 10th 7th
Six-time runner-up with 11.1 average finish in 48 starts; had a terrific final practice.
7. Kurt Busch 25/1 5th 9th 1st 33rd
Two-time winner; wrecked primary car in final practice and is using backup, but it’s very fast.
8. Kevin Harvick 12/1 21st 25th 32nd 4th
Finished fourth in both 2010 races tying a career best; using winning 2010 Michigan chassis.
9. Ryan Newman 40/1 6th 8th 8th 12th
2003 winner with 13.1 average finish in 18 starts; using fifth-place Fontana chassis this week.
10. Jeff Gordon 12/1 9th 20th 3rd 6th
Four-time winner, the last coming in 2007. Career average finish of 10.5 in 36 starts.
* Results from the August 1, 2010 race held at Pocono, the last race run there.
Note: This will be the first Pocono race since 2004 that all teams don’t have to abide by the same gear ratio rule which should allow for a lot more passing than seen the past six seasons.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.
Micah Roberts, a former race and sports Director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more Roberts insights and post-practice analysis on the race, go to VegasInsider.com.
Pocono Starting Lineup