by Jeff Wackerlin
2. Kyle Busch: 29.2 average finish in the four races with the COT; Finished 22nd and 16th, respectively, in 2009; Only track where he has single digits (2) in laps led.
3. Matt Kenseth: Sixth-best average finish (11.2) in the four races with the COT; Last of eight top 10s came in this event in 2008 in seventh; Has led at least one lap in last five starts.
4. Jeff Gordon: Fourth-best average finish (9.0) in the four races with the COT; Leads all active full-time drivers with four wins; Leader in laps led with 879; 10.0 average finish in 34 starts; Has finished in the top 10 in six of the last seven races, including a win in this event in 2007.
5. Denny Hamlin: 16.2 average finish in the four races with the COT; Coming off third win in eight starts; Swept both races in 2006; Leads all drivers with a 9.5 average finish; Driving Chassis No. 267; This car has ended in Victory Lane in both of its starts this year (Martinsville & Darlington).
Bringing Chassis PRS-704 which debuted at Auto Club this year to a sixth-place finish.
7. Jimmie Johnson: Second-best average finish (7.2) in the four races with the COT; Has led 146 laps with the COT; Last of two wins came in 2004 when he swept both events; Won the pole for the 2008 August race; Has finished seventh or better on four of the last five races; Will return in Chassis No. 558, which was driven to 16th-place finish at Dover.
8. Jeff Burton: 11th-best average finish (14.0) in the four races with the COT; Finished ninth in this event last year for 15th top 10 in 32 starts; Four of his top 10s have come with Richard Childress Racing; Bringing Chassis No. 302 that finished second at Dover and 12th at Texas this year.
9. Greg Biffle: 10th-best average finish (13.5) in the four races with the COT; Posted second-best average running position (4.8) in this event last year; Finished 11th in that event because of fuel mileage; Last of two top 10s came in this event in 2006; Bringing brand-new car this weekend (Chassis RK-595).
10. Mark Martin: Fifth-best average finish (11.0) in the four races with the COT; Coming off 32nd top 10 in 46 starts; Will return in the same car (chassis No. 582) that finished 16th at Darlington last month.
12. Ryan Newman: Eighth-best average finish (12.8) in the four races with the COT; Finished fifth in this event last year in first track start with Stewart-Haas Racing; Posted six top 10s in previous 14 starts with Penske Racing.
13. Clint Bowyer: 15.0 average finish in the four races with the COT; Coming off first top five (third) in eight starts; Three top 10s in previous seven starts; Will be back in the same car (chassis No. 298) that finished 23rd at Atlanta in March after cutting down a tire late in the race.
14. Martin Truex Jr: 17.2 average finish in the four races with the COT; Two top 10s in eight starts came with the old car; Will make track debut with Michael Waltrip Racing.
15. Jamie McMurray: Last top-10 finish (ninth-place) came with Jack Roush in second event in 2008; 20.6 average finish in 14 starts with three top-10 finishes; Will bring Chassis No. 31, which he drove to a 17th-place finish from the pole at Auto Club this year.
17. Dale Earnhardt Jr.: Finished fourth in track debut with Rick Hendrick in first COT event at track; 17.8 average finish in four events with team; Five top fives and six top 10s in 20 starts with an average finish of 17.4; Bringing chassis No. 88-584, which he drove to 15th-place finish from the pole position at Atlanta.
18. Joey Logano: Finished 23rd and 27th last year in first two starts at track.
19. David Reutimann: Finished third in this event last year for only top-10 finish at track; 26.7 average finish in six starts.
20. Juan Pablo Montoya: Posted only two track top-10 finishes last year; Track-best second-place finish came in second event; 20.7 average finish; Will bring the same car (Chassis No. 910) that was involved in a wreck early this year in Las Vegas; Finished 37th there after running in the top 10.
21. Kasey Kahne: Won this event in 2008 from the pole after leading 69 laps; Has finished 15th or better since then and holds the best COT average (7.0); 15.5 average finish with five top 10s in 12 starts; Has led a total of 150 laps; Still holds track qualifying record, which was set in this event in 2004 during rookie season.
22. Paul Menard: Has yet to finish better than 25th in six starts; Average finish is 29.3; Piloting brand-new Chassis No. 561.
23. David Ragan: Posted only top-10 in six starts with fifth-place finish in second event in 2008; 22.7 average finish; Piloting Chassis RK-670, which finished 29th at Bristol.
24. AJ Allmendinger: Best finish in five starts is 12th in this event in 2008Bringing Chassis No. 288 that finished 17th at Bristol and 14th more recently at Dover; Will be the only RPM entry running the new Ford FR9 engine this weekend.
25. Brad Keselowski: Making track debut this weekend; Bringing same car (Chassis PRS-726) that finished 14th at Texas.
27. Brian Vickers: Not racing at Pocono; Casey Mears will pilot the No. 83 Toyota.
28. Elliott Sadler: 21.0 average finish in 22 starts with two top 10s; Finished 25th and 24th in two starts with Richard Petty Motorsports in 2009; Will return in same car (Chassis No. 609) that finished 31st at Phoenix this year.
29. Sam Hornish Jr.: Finished in top 10 in both events last year, including a track-best fourth in the fall; 20.5 average finish in four starts.
30. Marcos Ambrose: Finished sixth in his track debut in this event last year; Led one lap in the second event before finishing eight laps down in 34th.