Micah Roberts Top 10 Driver Ratings
Lenox Industrial Tools 301
New Hampshire Motor Speedway
Sunday, June 27, 2010 - 10:16 am (PDT)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Qualifying Practice 2 Practice 3
1. Jimmie Johnson 9/2 2nd 10th 1st 1st
Using 10th-place Richmond chassis; Best average speeds during Saturday practices.
2. Kyle Busch 7/1 8th 22nd 2nd 3rd
Won 2005 NHMS race; Won at Richmond, a track that requires similar set-up.
3. Jeff Gordon 7/1 6th 16th 7th 4th
Three-time NHMS winner; average finish of 11.4. Finished runner-up at Richmond and Phoenix.
4. Ryan Newman 35/1 5th 5th 3rd 25th
Using same chassis that won at Phoenix; two-time winner at NHMS with average finish of 13.8.
5. Jeff Burton 15/1 9th 17th 9th 2nd
All-time track leader with four wins. Using same chassis that finished fourth at Richmond.
6. Kurt Busch 12/1 3rd 3rd 8th 9th
Three-time NHMS winner with last coming in 2008. Using Fontana chassis this week.
7. Juan Pablo Montoya 20/1 1st 1st 12th 8th
Using third-place chassis from 2009 NHMS fall race. Finished fifth and sixth at Phoenix and Richmond.
8. Tony Stewart 15/1 4th 25th 15th 5th
Had one of his best practices of the year. Using chassis that recently tested well at flat Milwaukee Mile.
9. Clint Bowyer 15/1 12th 9th 5th 10th
Won 2007 NHMS race; using seventh-place Charlotte chassis this week. Good flat track driver.
10. Mark Martin 20/1 7th 4th 11th 22nd
Won the fall NHMS race last year; average finish of 10.7. Using fourth-place Phoenix chassis
Note: New Hampshire’s flat one-mile layout requires a similar set-up to Phoenix and Richmond.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.
Micah Roberts, a former race and sports Director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. He currently writes for multiple publications covering all sports. He can be reached at MM.Roberts7Gmail.com.