Las Vegas Review-Journal
• Practice sessions leading up to the weekend’s Sprint Cup race
• Chassis information on what was brought to each track by each team, good or bad
• Driver tendencies at certain tracks
• Recent and overall histories for each driver at each track
• Decipher poor past results with what really happened, good car -- or bad luck?
These final ratings should help assist in final betting strategies with the Las Vegas books or match-up and prop plays, as well as help in NASCAR fantasy leagues.
Toyota/Save Mart 350
Infineon (Sonoma) Raceway
Sunday, June 20, 2010 - 12:18 pm (PDT)
1. Marcos Ambrose 6/1 1st 6th 1st 1st
Has finished no worse than third-place in his last three Sprint Cup road race starts.
2. Jeff Gordon 5/1 7th 5th 21st 13th
Nine career road course wins; five wins at Sonoma with last coming in 2006.
3. Tony Stewart 5/1 32nd 7th 15th 23rd
Seven career road course wins; two wins at Sonoma. Won at Watkins Glen last year.
4. Kevin Harvick 12/1 5th 4th 6th 4th
Won at Watkins Glen in 2006, best Sonoma finish came in 2007 with second-place.
5. Juan Pablo Montoya 12/1 14th 14th 13th 12th
Won this race in 2007 and finished sixth the last two seasons; his best track in NASCAR.
6. Martin Truex Jr 40/1 10th 10th 5th 6th
Outstanding Saturday practice using a set-up similar to Ambrose. Won at Mexico in Nationwide series road race.
7. Denny Hamlin 12/1 16th 12th 7th 8th
Won 2006 Nationwide series race on Mexico’s road course. Finished fifth last year at Sonoma.
8. Jamie McMurray 40/1 24th 25th 9th 2nd
Best finish came in 2004 with second-place. Had one of the fastest cars during final practice.
9. Kasey Kahne 6/1 4th 1st 17th 25th
Last years surprise winner at Sonoma; It was his first finish inside the top-20 in six previous starts.
10. Robby Gordon 35/1 13th 16th 14th 14th
Two-time road course winner, sweeping the 2003 season -- his last top-15 finish at Sonoma.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.