|Martin Truex Jr. quietly looking like he's got one of the best cars this weekend.|
2018 TOYOTA/SAVE MART 350
SUNDAY, JUNE 24, 2018 - 3:18 PM ET
RATING DRIVER ODDS PRAC 1 PRAC 2 QUALIFIED
1. Kevin Harvick (4/1) 12th 5th 6th
2. Martin Truex Jr (4/1) 8th 3rd 2nd
3. Clint Bowyer (6/1) 1st 17th 19th
4. Kurt Busch (8/1) 14th 1st 23rd
5. Denny Hamlin (10/1) 17th 2nd 21st
6. Jimmie Johnson (25/1) 6th 18th 7th
7. A.J. Allmendinger (15/1) 9th 12th 5th
8. Kyle Busch (4/1) 18th 19th 9th
9. Jamie McMurray (30/1) 4th 4th 4th
10. Ryan Blaney (20/1) 2nd 24th 11th
11. Chase Elliott (30/1) 13th 15th 3rd
12. Daniel Suarez (100/1) 5th 33rd 16th
13. Brad Keselowski (20/1) 23rd 7th 10th
14. Kyle Larson (30/1) 16th 14th 1st
15. Joey Logano (10/1) 3rd 30th 12th
Note: Only two of 29 Cup races at Sonoma have been won from a starting position of 15th or worse and they came in back-to-back seasons with Juan Pablo Montoya (32nd) in 2007 and Kyle Busch (30th) in 2008. This is something to seriously consider when discussing possible wagers on skilled road drivers who practiced well but start a ways back. Lots of traffic with limited places to pass and more opportunities to be involved in someone else's mess. This should be factored in the odds to win and match-up prices considerably. Having said all that, I could be baited into taking more on Clint Bowyer (19th), Denny Hamlin (21st) and Kurt Busch (23rd) if the sports books jack the number up too high.
Opening odds courtesy of Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook.
Micah Roberts, a former Las Vegas sports book director, has been setting auto racing odds in Las Vegas since 1994.