Sunday, August 28, 2022
Thursday, August 25, 2022
This is it. Do or die for a couple of drivers. It’s the unofficial wild card round.
COKE ZERO SUGAR 400 BETTING RESOURCES
COKE ZERO SUGAR 400 PICKS & PREDICTIONS
#11 FedEx Cares Toyota
Joe Gibbs Racing
On-Site Media Contact
Saturday Race Info
Race: Coke Zero Sugar 400
Date/Time: Saturday, Aug. 27 / 7 p.m. ET
Distance: 160 laps / 400 miles
Track Length: 2.5 miles
Press Kit: Download the 2022 FedEx Racing press materials at www.fedexracing.com/presskit, including bios for Denny Hamlin, Chris Gabehart and Joe Gibbs Racing leadership, program highlights and statistics.
Watkins Glen Recap: The No. 11 team finished 20th in last weekend’s race at Watkins Glen International. After starting 22nd when the race began on a wet track, Hamlin slipped back and eventually fell a lap down during stage one. He eventually rejoined the lead lap during the final segment and climbed to 20th when the checkered flag waved.
Daytona Stats: Hamlin is a three-time winner at Daytona International Speedway with all three victories coming in the Daytona 500. Overall, he has tallied 11 top-five finishes, including three in his past five starts at the historic 2.5-mile speedway. Earlier this year, Hamlin was running solidly inside the top 10 before being collected in a multi-car accident that ended his day prematurely.
Track: Daytona International Speedway
Laps Led: 635
Avg. Start: 16.6
Avg. Finish: 16.5
Hamlin Conversation – Daytona
What is your mindset going into this weekend at Daytona?
“We are going there with a lot of confidence knowing that we don’t really have to do anything special because we’re already locked into the playoffs. It’s a free race for us, so it’s an opportunity to go out and try to get a few more playoff points. I don’t see any reason why we should feel any pressure other than to go out there and try to win the race. I feel like this race is usually chaotic being the last race for guys to make the playoffs. I would say there’s going to be no shortage of wrecks and a lot of things will happen. For me, I’ve just got to be patient because I know I’ve got to make it to the checkered flag if I’m going to win the race.”
FedEx Cares / Accion Opportunity Fund: Hamlin’s FedEx Toyota Camry TRD will feature a special paint scheme this weekend to recognize FedEx Cares and the Accion Opportunity Fund. Together, FedEx Cares, e-commerce consultancy 37 Oaks and the Accion Opportunity Fund are providing entrepreneurs hands-on learning and a platform to ship their products across the country. Specifically, FedEx Cares is committed to strengthening minority- and women-owned businesses globally with the tools they need to succeed. FedEx is donating an additional $1 million to the Accion Opportunity Fund to help diverse small business owners in their transition to e-commerce as digital shopping becomes more common.
Back of the Yards Coffee: Hamlin recently visited Back of the Yards Coffee – a local coffee shop in Chicago and member of the FedEx E-Commerce Lab – to learn more about how FedEx and the Accion Opportunity Fund are working together to help small businesses. During their meeting, Hamlin surprised one of the shop’s co-owners, Jesse Iniguez, by inviting him and his family, as well as co-owner Mayra Hernandez to this weekend’s race in Daytona where the Back of the Yards Coffee logo will be featured on the TV panel of the No. 11 FedEx Cares Camry TRD.
Wednesday, August 17, 2022
NASCAR Cup Series at Watkins Glen International
No. 11 Sport Clips Toyota Camry TRD News and Notes
- HAMLIN AT WATKINS GLEN: Denny Hamlin is a former NASCAR Cup Series winner at Watkins Glen International after visiting victory lane in 2016. That day, Hamlin led the final 10 laps to secure his only road course victory at the Cup Series level. He has recorded four top-five finishes in his past five Watkins Glen starts, including a fifth-place result last August.
- RICHMOND RECAP: Hamlin finished fourth in last Sunday’s race at Richmond Raceway after a solid overall performance for the No. 11 team. He finished second and third, respectively, in the opening two stages and appeared poised to challenge for the win after an aggressive pit call from crew chief Chris Gabehart during the final stage. Unfortunately for Hamlin, a miscue during the team’s final green-flag pit stop put him too far behind to make up the deficit to eventual winner Kevin Harvick.
- TRENDING UPWARD: After posting back-to-back top-five finishes, Hamlin has vaulted to a season-best 12th in the overall points standings. His 131 points over the last three races are 12 more than the next best (Joey Logano, 119 points) and 32 points better than third-best (Bubba Wallace, 99 points).
- SPORT CLIPS: Sport Clips will be featured as the primary sponsor of Hamlin’s No. 11 Camry for Sunday’s race at Watkins Glen International. The sports-themed haircutting franchise based in Georgetown, Texas is a longtime supporter of Joe Gibbs Racing dating back to 2009 and has more than 1,850 stores in the United States and Canada.
- JGR AT WATKINS GLEN: Joe Gibbs Racing has earned seven NASCAR Cup Series wins at Watkins Glen International. In 73 combined starts at the track, the organization has racked up 29 top-five finishes, 45 top-10s, four pole awards, and 555 laps led. While the team has not won at the track since Hamlin’s victory in 2016, in the past four trips to the New York road course, JGR drivers have claimed 12 top-five finishes, 14 top-10s and a 5.0-average finishing position in 16 combined starts. Kyle Busch and Tony Stewart join Hamlin on the list of drivers who have taken JGR to victory lane at Watkins Glen.
- TUNE IN: Coverage of this weekend’s NASCAR Cup Series race at Watkins Glen International begins Sunday, August 21, at 3 p.m. ET on USA Network, MRN Radio, and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.
Denny Hamlin, Driver of the No. 11 Sport Clips Toyota Camry TRD
What do you expect this weekend at Watkins Glen based on other road course races this season?
“We’re definitely still working on our road course program. It is not where it needs to be, and we know that as a team and as a manufacturer. It has been pretty frustrating this season because it’s not from a lack of effort. Everyone at Joe Gibbs Racing and TRD are doing everything they possibly can to find those improvements to get us back up front on the road courses. We’re making progress, but realistically, if we can run inside the top 10 and avoid mistakes this weekend, that would be a good day for us to continue learning and improving as we look ahead to the ROVAL in the playoffs.”
Hamlin NASCAR Cup Series Stats at Watkins Glen International
Hamlin 2022 NASCAR Cup Series Season Stats
Hamlin NASCAR Cup Series Career Stats
About Sport Clips Haircuts
Sport Clips Haircuts is the nation's leading men's and boys' hair care franchise with more than 1,850 locations open in the U.S. and Canada. Fully-equipped for the sports enthusiast, Sport Clips surrounds its clients with televisions tuned to sports and sports-themed decor. Stylists enjoy a fun work environment with a guaranteed base-pay plus service commission, retail commission and tips. Sport Clips also supports the growth of their team members through continuing education, exciting contests, and award recognition. Sport Clips was given an A+ rating and was recognized in 2021 as “Best Company for Women” and “Best Company Culture” by Comparably. Through the Eric Gozur-Wayne McGlone Memorial Relief Fund, Sport Clips provides assistance to employees facing emergent financial situations. Sport Clips also provides “Haircuts with Heart” through its annual Help A Hero fundraiser that has donated $10 million to the VFW; national partnership with St. Baldrick’s Foundation, the largest private funder of childhood cancer research grants; and other national and local philanthropic outreach. To learn more about Sport Clips and career opportunities, visit sportclipscareers.com.