|Joey Logano paid out at 13/2 odds to win Clash.|
Logano was in third when Keselowski dove beneath Hamlin for the lead. They sideswiped each other in Turn 2, sending Hamlin spinning through the field untouched.
The slowing of the field to avoid Hamlin allowed Logano to put enough distance between him and second place, which was fought for between Kyle Busch and Alex Bowman.
Danica Patrick finished fourth.
“Kind of was in the right place at the right time,” Logano told Fox Sports 1. “Brad was going to make the move and I was just going to follow him through. When I saw (Hamlin) coming down, I immediately went to the top. The writing was written on the wall what was going to happen.”
The accident between Hamlin and and Keselowski involved the drivers who started on the front row and led the most laps in the 75-lap race.
Read More Here....NBC Sports
Clash at Daytona Results
1) #22-Joey Logano, Shell/Pennzoil Ford
2) #18-Kyle Busch, M&M's Toyota
3) #88-Alex Bowman, Nationwide Chevy
4) #10-Danica Patrick, TaxAct Ford
5) #4-Kevin Harvick, Busch Beer Ford
6) #2-Brad Keselowski, SKF Ford
7) #24-Chase Elliott, NAPA Chevy
8) #19-Daniel Suarez, ARRIS Toyota
9) #37-Chris Buescher, Kroger Click List Chevy
10) #1-Jamie McMurray, McDonald's Big Mac Chevy
11) #20-Matt Kenseth, Interstate Batteries Toyota
12) #3-Austin Dillon, Dow Chevy
13) #11-Denny Hamlin, Fedex Express Toyota, 74 laps, accident
14) #42-Kyle Larson, Credit One Chevy, 61 laps, accident
15) #78-Martin Truex Jr, 5-hour ENERGY Extra Strength Toyota, 60 laps, accident
16) #48-Jimmie Johnson, Lowe's Chevy, 48 laps, accident
17) #41-Kurt Busch, Monster Energy / Haas Automation Ford, 16 laps, accident
Average Speed of Race Winner: 143.831 mph.
Time of Race: 1 Hrs, 18 Mins, 13 Secs. Margin of Victory: 1.120 Seconds.
Caution Flags: 4 for 16 laps.
Lead Changes: 6 among 4 drivers.
Lap Leaders: B. Keselowski 1-8; D. Hamlin 9; B. Keselowski 10-19; Kyle Busch 20-24; J. Logano 25-27; D. Hamlin 28-74; J. Logano 75;.
Leaders Summary (Driver, Times Lead, Laps Led): D. Hamlin 2 times for 48 laps; B. Keselowski 2 times for 18 laps; Kyle Busch 1 time for 5 laps; J. Logano 2 times for 4 laps.
Clash at Daytona Final Notes
- Joey Logano: 1st Clash win; 3rd career win at Daytona (2015 Daytona 500, 2011 July NXS race)
- Team Penske: 3rd time winning The Clash (2011 Kurt Busch, 1998 Rusty Wallace)
- Kyle Busch: finished 2nd; 2012 winner of race
- Alex Bowman: finished 3rd; making Clash debut (does not have ride for 2016 Cup Series season)
- Danica Patrick: finished 4th; first finish better than 10th in 4th career Clash start
- Denny Hamlin: was leading on final lap (finished 13th after contact from Brad Keselowski); had won race 2 of last 3 years
- Jimmie Johnson: finished 16th; 6th straight year wrecking out of event (7th DNF in The Clash ties Jeff Gordon's record)
- First win for a Ford driver since Dale Jarrett won in 2004.