|Edwards using another new chassis at Kansas|
Team: No. 99 Aflac’s Now Hiring Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Bob Osborne
Chassis: RK-768 New chassis
Carl Edwards on racing at Kansas Speedway: “I’d like to race at Kansas every week. It’s a lot of fun for me because so many people from Columbia, Mo., go to that race so I’m glad they have two races now. One of my biggest wins in my career, hands down, was the truck win at Kansas in 2004. That was a spectacular win and it meant a lot to me. It would be amazing to win the Cup race there this weekend and the way this team has been running I think we have the best chance we’ve ever had.”
Crew chief Bob Osborne on racing at Kansas Speedway: “We are taking another new car to Kansas this weekend, and I think everyone on this team knows how important this race is to Carl. This is his home track and a win at Kansas would be huge for him. We didn’t get the finish we wanted at Charlotte in the 600 last week, but we still gained in the point standings which was good.”
* Carl Edwards enters Kansas leading the NASCAR Sprint Cup point standings by 36 points over Kevin Harvick. In 12 starts this season, Edwards has accumulated one win, six top-five and nine top-10 finishes.
* FOR THE RECORD…Edwards will make his eighth Cup start at Kansas Speedway this weekend. In his previous starts, Edwards has two top-five and five top-10 finishes. His average start is 22.4 and his average finish is 12.3. His best finish (second) came in 2008.
* IN THE LOOP… According to NASCAR’s Loop Statistics compiled over the last seven races at Kansas, Edwards has turned 80 of the track’s fastest laps which is fifth highest, spent 1033 laps (66.9%) in the top 15 (seventh highest) and led a total of 42 laps (10th highest). Edwards’ driver rating (94.8) is seventh best among active drivers.
* HOME TRACK… Edwards is a native of, and currently resides in Columbia, Mo. Only 130 miles away, he considers Kansas Speedway his home track in the Sprint Cup Series.
* ON THE TRACK…The Aflac team will be bringing chassis RK-768 to Kansas. This is a brand new chassis with the Aflac’s Now Hiring paint scheme.
* DOUBLE DUTY…Edwards will pull double duty this weekend between the Sprint Cup race in Kansas on Sunday and the Nationwide race in Chicago on Saturday night.
* REWIND, KANSAS, October 2010… Edwards came from the 31st starting position all the way up to lead two laps, and ultimately finish sixth at his hometown track.
- Roush Fenway Racing, Press Release