Micah Roberts Top 10 Driver Ratings
Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips 400
Michigan International Speedway
Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 10:15 am (PDT)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Practice 2 Qualified Fontana*
1. Jimmie Johnson 7/1 14th 4th 21st 2nd
One of only five tracks Johnson has never won on; using Charlotte/Darlington chassis.
2. Greg Biffle 12/1 17th 8th 7th 11th
Two-time winner, last coming in 2005. Three top-five finishes in last five Michigan starts.
3. Kurt Busch 15/1 6th 9th 1st 17th
Two-time winner, the last coming in 2007; using Kansas chassis that led 152 of the 267 laps.
4. Dale Earnhardt Jr. 10/1 9th 5th 15th 12th
Site of his last win 107 races ago in 2008; using a brand new chassis this week.
5. Matt Kenseth 10/1 8th 18th 3rd 4th
Two-time winner, the last coming in 2006; using dominating Charlotte chassis from May.
6. Carl Edwards 4/1 21st 21st 23rd 6th
Two-time winner who owns track best average finish of 6.3 in 13 starts; using Dover car.
7. Kevin Harvick 10/1 3rd 24th 22nd 1st
Won 2010 fall race; using same car that won on sister track of California in March.
8. Clint Bowyer 25/1 13th 26th 27th 7th
Only two top-10 finishes in 10 career starts, but had fastest 10 consecutive lap practice average.
9. Jeff Gordon 10/1 29th 22nd 31st 18th
Two-time winner with 11.4 average finish in 36 career starts; coming off big Pocono win.
10. Tony Stewart 12/1 25th 30th 6th 13th
2000 winner with 11.8 average finish in 24 starts; using winning 2010 Fontana chassis.
* Results from the March 27, 2011 race at California Speedway, the sister track of Michigan. Both 2-mile tracks are very similar, although banked slightly different, with lots of room for drivers to maneuver.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.
Micah Roberts, a former race and sports Director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more Roberts insights and post-practice analysis on the race, go to VegasInsider.com or follow MicahRoberts7 on Twitter.
Michigan Starting Lineup