Micah Roberts Top 10 Driver Ratings
Toyota/Save Mart 350
Infineon (Sonoma) Raceway
Sunday, June 26, 2011 - 12:15 pm (PDT)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Qualified Practice 2 Practice 3
1. Juan Pablo Montoya 7/1 23rd 17th 19th 4th
2007 winner with track best 5.8 average finish; using winning 2010 Watkins Glen car.
2. Marcos Ambrose 4/1 9th 8th 12th 15th
Finished third and sixth last two seasons; gave away sure victory last season on mishap.
3. Jamie McMurray 35/1 7th 2nd 1st 2nd
2004 runner-up; was the star in Saturday’s final practices, both single and average lap times.
4. Kurt Busch 15/1 1st 11th 2nd 3rd
Three top-five finishes in 10 career starts. Had his best combined road practice since 2006.
5. Jeff Gordon 7/1 18th 13th 21st 10th
Five-time winner with an additional four wins at Watkins Glen, but none since 2006.
6. Tony Stewart 6/1 8th 20th 25th 26th
Two-time winner with four straight top-10 finishes; five additional road wins at Watkins Glen.
7. Kevin Harvick 12/1 4th 26th 18th 8th
2007 runner-up and finished third last season. 2006 Watkins Glen winner; using new car.
8. Clint Bowyer 50/1 14th 9th 3rd 5th
12.6 average finish in five starts with a best of fourth-place twice; using 2010 road chassis.
9. Kyle Busch 7/1 11th 19th 4th 23rd
Swept the road races in 2008, but has no top-20’s at Sonoma since. Using new car this week.
10. Brad Keselowski 100/1 19th 15th 13th 1st
Had the best 10 consecutive average lap speeds in both of Saturday’s final practices.
Note: Only two road courses are run per season, one at Sonoma and the other at Watkins Glen. Sonoma’s course is the more technical of the two.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.
Micah Roberts, a former race and sports Director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more Roberts insights and post-practice analysis on the race, go to VegasInsider.com or follow MicahRoberts7 on Twitter.