Micah Roberts Top 10 Driver Ratings
Saturday, July 10, 2010 - 4:49 pm (PDT)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Practice 2 Qualifying Coca-Cola 600*
1. Jimmie Johnson 7/2 5th 4th 2nd 37th
One of four tracks he’s never won at, but holds track record of 8.1 average finish.
2. Jeff Gordon 8/1 4th 8th 6th 6th
Won 2006 Chicago race; 9.2 career average finish, runner-up in 2009
3. Kasey Kahne 15/1 13th 15th 12th 12th
Top-12 finish on all four 1.5-mile tracks this year. Third-place at Chicago in 2009.
4. Jamie McMurray 30/1 21st 2nd 1st 2nd
Using chassis that finished runner-up from the pole at Darlington.
5. Tony Stewart 20/1 22nd 12th 3rd 15th
Two-time Chicago winner; 9.6 career average finish. Strong average speeds in practice.
6. Kevin Harvick 12/1 15th 27th 27th 11th
Won the first two Chicago races; 8.7 career average finish. Top-12 finish on all four 1.5-mile tracks.
7. Mark Martin 30/1 16th 16th 21st 4th
Won at Chicago last year; using chassis that finished fourth at Charlotte
8. Kurt Busch 10/1 10th 18th 22nd 1st
Using chassis that finished third at Michigan. Career best of sixth in 2007.
9. Kyle Busch 7/1 31st 29th 33rd 3rd
Using chassis that he won with at Dover and finished third at Charlotte. Won 2008 Chicago race.
10. Denny Hamlin 6/1 32nd 35th 17th 18th
Career best finish of fifth last year. Using Chassis that he won with at Texas.
Note: Only two scheduled practice sessions run, followed by qualifying. First practice was the most telling and relative to how the teams will run in race conditions.
* Coca-Cola 600 results from Charlotte; the last 1.5-mile track raced on.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.