Micah Roberts Top 10 Driver Ratings
Sunoco Red Cross Pennsylvania 500
Sunday, August 1, 2010 - 10:16 am (PDT)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Qualifying Practice 3 Practice 4
1. Jimmie Johnson 5/1 1st 6th 2nd 3rd
Two-time Pocono winner (swept 2004); Finished in top-15 in 16 of 17 career races.
2. Kevin Harvick 10/1 11th 14th 3rd 7th
Using fourth-place chassis from June race; one of two drivers with top-5s at Indy and Pocono.
3. Tony Stewart 10/1 5th 1st 26th 26th
Two-time Pocono winner; won from pole last year. Using winning 2009 All-Star chassis this week.
4. Denny Hamlin 9/2 2nd 3rd 22nd 14th
Four-time Pocono winner, including June’s race, however, not using the same chassis this week.
5. Jeff Gordon 8/1 7th 4th 1st 24th
Four-time Pocono winner with a 10.7 average finish in 35 career starts; 16 top-fives.
6. Jeff Burton 15/1 20th 8th 4th 1st
Has collectively been the strongest in the combined practices of both Pocono races and Indy.
7. Mark Martin 25/1 17th 10th 8th 8th
Using same chassis that led 10 laps finishing 11th last week at Indy. Six time runner-up at Pocono.
8. Juan Pablo Montoya 20/1 8th 2nd 19th 10th
Using same chassis that finished eighth in June’s race. Finished runner-up in this 2009 race.
9. Ryan Newman 40/1 3rd 5th 20th 15th
Won at Pocono in 2003; Has a 13.4 average finish in 17 career starts, including six top-fives.
10. Greg Biffle 18/1 10th 12th 5th 28th
Using same fast car from last week at Indy that led 38 laps and finished third.
Note: The one track similar to Pocono on the circuit is Indy because of the long straightaways and flat, sweeping turns each possess.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.