Micah Roberts Top 10 Driver Ratings
Coke Zero 400
Daytona International Speedway
Saturday, July 3, 2010 - 4:49 pm (PDT)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Practice 2 Daytona 500* Aaron’s 499*
1. Kevin Harvick 10/1 13th 22nd 7th 1st
Using same from Daytona 500 that led the most laps. Won 2010 Bud Shootout at Daytona.
2. Jamie McMurray 15/1 21st N/A 1st 2nd
Best combined plate race finishes in 2010 with a win and runner-up; three career plate wins.
3. Kyle Busch 10/1 11th 25th 14th 9th
Two career plate wins in career coming in 2008. Using back-up car after wreck in Thursday practice.
4. Dale Earnhardt Jr 12/1 30th 29th 2nd 13th
Seven career plate wins; last coming in 2004. Using Talladega Chassis that finished 12th.
5. Greg Biffle 30/1 7th 2nd 3rd 17th
Won first Cup race ever at Daytona in 2003. Using chassis that led 27 laps in Daytona 500.
6. Juan Pablo Montoya 20/1 22nd 10th 10th 3rd
Two straight top-10 finishes at Daytona. Using 10th-place Chassis from Daytona 500.
7. Kurt Busch 15/1 9th 21st 14th 8th
Best Driver to have never won a plate race. Four straight top-five finishes in summer Daytona race.
8. Jeff Burton 15/1 8th 12th 11th 32nd
Won this race in 2000; will be using new chassis this week. Led most laps at Talladega in April.
9. Clint Bowyer 15/1 2nd 6th 4th 7th
Active leader in career average finish of 12.3 at Daytona. Debuts new chassis this week.
10. Tony Stewart 10/1 5th 30th 22nd 16th
Three time winner of this race including last year. Coming in hot with four straight top-10’s.
Race Lineup will be set by drivers points due to qualifying rain out.
* Daytona 500 results from February and Talladega Results from April relevant because there are only four restrictor plate races a season.
Note: This is the first race at Daytona using the new spoiler; it was used at Talladega.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.