Micah Roberts Top 10 Driver Ratings
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Sunday, July 25, 2010 - 10:16 am (PDT)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Practice 2 Qualifying Practice 3 Practice 4
1. Jeff Burton 18/1 6th 19th 10th 1st 2nd
Using same chassis that had a strong run at Pocono. Most impressive during Saturday practices.
2. Juan Pablo Montoya 5/1 1st 1st 1st 14th 18th
The 2000 Indy 500 winner led 116 laps in last years race; Debuting new chassis this week.
3. Jimmie Johnson 9/4 2nd 5th 2nd 13th 6th
Won the last two Indy races; has three overall. Using fifth-place Pocono chassis this week.
4. Kevin Harvick 15/1 33rd 6th 9th 3rd 12th
Won 2003 Indy race; has career average finish of 10.8 in nine races. Using Dover chassis.
5. Tony Stewart 10/1 10th 26th 15th 19th 27th
Two-time Indy winner; one of two drivers with a career average finish in top-10 (8.5).
6. Mark Martin 40/1 15th 3rd 3rd 8th 5th
Using same chassis that led 14 laps en route to runner-up finish in last years Indy race.
7. Clint Bowyer 20/1 13th 4th 6th 2nd 3rd
Debuting new chassis this week; best career Indy finish was fourth-place during rookie season.
8. Jeff Gordon 9/1 17th 17th 8th 18th 15th
Leads all driver with four Indy wins, the last coming in 2004; has career average finish of 8.6.
9. Kasey Kahne 15/1 16th 13th 24th 4th 8th
Fastest average speeds during happy hour; using chassis that finished runner-up at Michigan.
10. Denny Hamlin 10/1 9th 18th 18th 18th 10th
Won at similar track of Pocono this year. Best career finish at Indy was third-place in 2008.
Note: The one track similar to Indy on the circuit is Pocono because of the long straightaways and flat, sweeping turns each possess.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.