Thursday, May 10, 2018

Aric Almirola posted at 50/1 odds to win at Kansas

Aric Almirola has averaged 20th-place finish in 12 Kansas starts.
ARIC ALMIROLA, Driver of the No. 10 Smithfield Prime Ford Fusion for Stewart-Haas Racing: 

It’s been a year since your accident at Kansas. How does it feel to go back again? 
“I’m looking forward to going back to Kansas. I went back there in October last year, a few months after my injury, and actually got a top-10. So that was kind of sweet revenge of going back to that track and having a good run and kind of putting the accident behind me. That was just an unfortunate event that took place. The circumstances just happened perfectly and I was in a crash and broke my back, but I can’t think about that and worry about that. I’m looking forward to going to Kansas and putting ourselves in position to go win.” 

What do you like about Kansas? 
“I love going to Kansas. I’ve got friends who live there and it’s just a really nice area all around the racetrack. There are lots of things to do. As the new pavement has aged and worn out, we’ve really been moving all around the racetrack and it’s really put on some great races.” 

What does Mother’s Day mean to you? 
“The mom in the family is the glue that holds it all together. My mom was certainly my taxi driver, my motivator, and facilitator – all of those things. I’m forever grateful for that. Now, to be married to my wife Janice and to see her be the mother to our two children (Alex and Abby) and really do the same things that were done for me growing up – making sure the house is running perfectly, and making sure everybody has everything they want, even if she doesn’t have what she wants. All of the sacrifices that go along with being a mom is incredible. I’m extremely thankful and grateful to have two incredible women in my life who are great mothers.”


Kansas Speedway Notes of Interest: 

* Aric Almirola will make his 13 th Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series start at Kansas Speedway in Kansas City this weekend to bring his total of career Cup Series starts to 256. 

* The Smithfield driver has four top-10 finishes at the 1.5-mile track. He has an average starting position of 16.8 and an average finishing position of 20.8. 

* The Tampa native has made three NASCAR Xfinity Series start with a best finish of 12th , and two Camping World Truck Series starts to earn a best finish of seventh

* Kansas marks the 10th weekend the Smithfield livery has adorned Almirola’s No. 10 Ford Fusion. Smithfield, a brand of Smithfield Foods, which is based approximately five hours northeast of SHR headquarters in Smithfield, Virginia, is in its seventh season with Almirola and its first with SHR. Founded in 1936, Smithfield is a leading provider of high-quality pork products, with a vast product portfolio including smoked meats, hams, bacon, sausage, ribs, and a wide variety of fresh pork cuts.

* Last weekend at Dover, Harvick netted Ford’s sixth win this season, most among all manufacturers. Five of the six wins have been earned by SHR drivers – Harvick has four wins and Bowyer one. Additionally, Fords have led 2,147 laps so far this year, which is twice as many as any other manufacturer.

No comments: