Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Aric Almirola is 30/1 to win Coca-Cola 600

Aric Alimirola's best finish at Charlotte was 10th.
ARIC ALMIROLA, Driver of the No. 10 Smithfield Ford Fusion for Stewart-Haas Racing: 

With the Coke 600, you’ll have a fallen service member’s name on your windshield. What does that mean to you? 
“It’s huge for me. I greatly appreciate and understand the sacrifices that the men and women of the military make. My dad was in the Air Force and I grew up on an Air Force base in the panhandle of Florida. It means a lot to me personally to represent the men and women who go out and fight for our freedom. It’s easy to take for granted that we wake up in the morning and go walk out of the doors of our houses and go about our day, but there are men and women all over the world fighting for us to make it a possibility. I’m grateful for that and for the people who have made the ultimate sacrifice and have given their life to make sure we have freedom. It’s a great way for us to pay tribute to them and their families by having their names on the racecar.” 

Based on your results so far this season, you and your team have been very consistent. How does it feel to have consistency this year? 
“I feel like we have been consistent. We’ve been a top-15, top-10 car every weekend. We had one setback at Texas, running in the top-10 before we were involved in a crash. Besides that, I’d say we’ve been a solid contender. That’s fun, that’s not been the norm for me in my Cup Series career. So, obviously, making the jump to Stewart-Haas Racing and having incredible racecars has made it a lot of fun for me and, to have great partners who put in all of the time, energy and resources that they do and doing their part to make us go faster on the racetrack, is a lot of fun to be a part of.”

No comments: