Tuesday, May 15, 2018

NASCAR Betting: Supreme Court ruling affect anything?

NASCAR could use more people betting and watching their sport.
Note: I found this article interesting not only from the Supreme Court ruling but also because Shawn Courchesne was the writer and he linked an article he quoted me in from way back in 2001. 


On Monday the Supreme Court ruled to strike down the federal law that banned sports betting in most states.

The news sparked a lot of chatter through social media channels from those involved in racing about the prospect of sports betting having an impact on NASCAR events at the national level.

My take, I just don’t see this having any substantial impact on NASCAR.

I don’t think the current fan base is really that interested in wagering on races.

On top of that, you have a fan base that has complained a lot in recent years about the costs associated with attending events. I don’t think they’re looking for ways to spend more money at events.

No comments: