Goody’s Headache Relief Shots 500
Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 11:16 a.m. PT
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Qualified Practice 2 Practice 3
1. Jimmie Johnson 9/5 11th 2nd 9th 6th
Eight-time winner, including the last two; using same chassis he won with in the spring race.
2. Clint Bowyer 12/1 1st 5th 5th 2nd
Career-best runner-up in spring race; best 10-consecutive lap average in practice 1.
3. Kyle Busch 7/1 2nd 3rd 2nd 4th
Runner-up last fall and fifth in spring; best 10-consecutive lap average in practice 2.
4. Jeff Gordon 6/1 8th 9th 10th 10th
Seven-time winner with 26 top-5 finishes and seventh-place average in 41 starts.
5. Denny Hamlin 12/1 3rd 1st 28th 17th
Four-time winner; would be rated higher, but hasn’t had a top-5 finish in past 20 races on season.
6. Brad Keselowski 12/1 4th 11th 11th 8th
Sixth-place last fall and in spring; had very good average speeds in final practices.
7. Dale Earnhardt Jr. 18/1 19th 12th 3rd 1st
Runner-up in 2008 and 2011; best 10-consecutive lap average in practice 3.
8. Joey Logano 30/1 12th 6th 1st 9th
2010 runner-up, his only top-5 finish in nine starts; using Watkins Glen chassis.
9. Kasey Kahne 10/1 22nd 25th 7th 3rd
2005 runner-up, third last fall and fourth in spring race; using same chassis from spring.
10. Matt Kenseth 10/1 9th 4th 4th 5th
Only three top-5 finishes in 27 career starts, but led 96 laps in spring and practiced well.
Note: Johnson, Gordon and Hamlin have combined to win 15 of last 20 Martinsville races.
Odds courtesy of the LVH Super Book.
Micah Roberts, a former sports book director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more Roberts insights on the race, go to The Linemakers on SportingNews.com or follow on Twitter: MicahRoberts7.