Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Matt Kenseth on Martinsville: '...Really proud of our performance in the spring'

Matt Kenseth is 12/1 to win Sunday at martinsville
Matt Kenseth/No. 20 Dollar General Toyota Preview
Goody’s Headache Relief Shot 500 at Martinsville Speedway

No. 20 Dollar General Toyota News and Notes:

JOE GIBBS RACING AT MARTINSVILLE: Joe Gibbs Racing has 89 Sprint Cup Series starts at Martinsville Speedway earning a total of seven wins, 30 top-five, 46 top-ten finishes, and eight poles. The organization also has led for a total of 3,039 laps and has an average finish of 13.7 at the 0.526-mile short track.

KENSETH BY THE NUMBERS: In 27 Sprint Cup Series starts at Martinsville, Kenseth has completed 13,401 of 13,534 laps (99.0 percent). Kenseth has led for a total of 169 laps and has earned three top-five and eight top-ten finishes at the half-mile track. A runner-up finish is Kenseth’s career best finish at Martinsville (April 2002).

THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 20 DOLLAR GENERAL TOYOTA: Dollar General vendor partners First Quality, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Pop-Tarts, Hanes, Orajel, Glad, Coca-Cola, Motrin, and Charmin will be featured on Joe Gibbs Racing’s No. 20 Toyota Camry this weekend at Martinsville Speedway.
RACE INFO: The Goody’s Headache Relief Shot 500 at Martinsville Speedway (0.526-mile) begins at 1:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, October 27th. The race will be broadcast live on ESPN, Sirius XM Channel 90 and MRN Radio. 

From the Cockpit:
Matt Kenseth:
“I think Martinsville is one of those real predictable places where I could give you five names and I bet that unless they have a problem, that all five of them finish in the top-eight. I think Martinsville is actually really, really predictable and I don’t look at that as a big wild card race. I was really proud of our performance in the spring — we led a bunch of laps and I think we finished eighth. We kind of got off on our pit sequence a little and I think we probably should have finished fifth, sixth or seventh under speed and even when we got off a little. I look forward to going to Martinsville this weekend, and again I look at that as an opportunity. Maybe not to beat the 48 (Jimmie Johnson), they’re pretty strong everywhere, but I look at that as an opportunity to hopefully run up in the top-five or six and get a good finish with our DG Toyota.”

From the Pit Box:
Jason Ratcliff:
“Martinsville is a place where I think Matt (Kenseth) is able to view from a different perspective than I think he was used to in the past. We were able to lead some laps back in the spring race this year and hopefully we can go back this weekend with a car that drives as good. I feel like we learned some things since the first Martinsville that I feel like we can apply to this car we’re bringing this weekend. I’m looking forward to it because it’s definitely a place where you can get caught up in someone else’s mess, which can be a little frustrating, but all in all, I think we’ll have a good car to be able to perform how we need to for a strong finish.”

Find the Dollar General store nearest you or learn more about the company at www.dollargeneral.com or on Dollar General’s Facebook or Twitter pages.

- Joe Gibbs Racing

No comments: