|Pure Domination on Sunday by Harvick|
He proved it Sunday, dominating the Sprint Cup race at Phoenix International Raceway to win in just his second start with his new team.
Harvick, driving the No. 4 car after wheeling RCR's No. 29 for 13 years, dominated most of the race and repeatedly pulled away on restarts. He pulled away from Earnhardt and Logano with 22 laps remaining and again with nine laps left. Both Earnhardt and Logano tried to make a move on Harvick on the final restart but could not get to his bumper.
Earnhardt finished second a week after winning the Daytona 500 for the best start of his career to take the early points lead. Brad Keselowski finished third followed by Logano, Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson.
Harvick won four races last year and had finished third in points three of the last four years, but signed with Stewart-Haas at the end of the 2012 season and raced with RCR last year knowing that he would be leaving at the end of the year. He wasted no time proving he may have made the right move. He was racing for the lead at Daytona before wrecking on the final lap and finishing 13th. At Phoenix, he had the fastest car all weekend in race trim.
“This solidifies so many things, so many decisions," Harvick told Fox in victory lane. "I’ve got to thank all the guys at Stewart-Haas. What a racecar."
Harvick repeatedly held off Logano and Earnhardt on restarts. He was worried about Logano, he said, but pulled away easily on the final green flag.
Read More Here.......Sporting News
Race Facts - Phoenix:
* Kevin Harvick won the 10th Annual The Profit on CNBC 500 presented by Small Business Fueling America, his 24th victory in 468 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races.
* This is his fourth race in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series in which he led more than 200 laps; he led a race-high 224 laps.
* This is his first victory and first top-10 finish in 2014.
* This is his fifth victory and 12th top-10 finish in 23 races at Phoenix International Raceway. His five victories at Phoenix International Raceway leads all drivers.
* Dale Earnhardt Jr. (second) posted his 11th top-10 finish in 24 races at Phoenix International Raceway. It is his second top-10 finish in 2014.
* Brad Keselowski (third) posted his fourth top-10 finish in ten races at Phoenix International Raceway.
* Dale Earnhardt Jr. leads the point standings by 6 points over Brad Keselowski.