Federated Auto Parts 400
Richmond Internationals Raceway
Saturday, September 7, 2013 - 7:46 p.m. ET
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Practice 2 Qualified Spring ‘13*
1. Kyle Busch 5/1 3rd 2nd 13th 24th
Three-time winner, the last in 2012. Tops among active drivers with 6.5 average finish.
2. Jeff Gordon 10/1 5th 1st 1st 11th
Two-time winner, the last in 2000; finished 12th or better in 11 of 13 past starts there.
3. Clint Bowyer 12/1 2nd 12th 4th 2nd
Two time winner, including last fall; using runner-up chassis from the April race.
4. Denny Hamlin 12/1 17th 11th 6th DNP
Two-time winner, missed April race due to injury. Very fast on long runs during practices.
5. Kasey Kahne 8/1 8th 6th 18th 21st
2005 winner; best 10-consecutive lap average in practice 1 and second best in practice 2.
6. Brad Keselowski 7/1 1st 27th 3rd 33rd
Needs lots of help and a great run to make Chase; using fourth-place New Hampshire chassis.
7. Kevin Harvick 12/1 10th 16th 17th 1st
Three-time winner, including spring race, and he‘s using same winning chassis this week.
8. Matt Kenseth 7/1 4th 8th 5th 7th
2002 winner with only three other top-5 finishes in 27 starts; looked very good in practice.
9. Jimmie Johnson 7/1 11th 22nd 10th 12th
Three-time winner; starts from rear after missing practices and qualifying - wife gave birth Friday.
10. Jeff Burton 100/1 19th 5th 19th 5th
1998 winner on his home track; using third place-chassis from New Hampshire.
Note: Using results from this seasons previous events at Phoenix New Hampshire is a good handicapping tool to use for Richmond. The set-up requirements are similar at all three relatively flat tracks, and drivers that do well on one usually do well on the others during a season.
* Results from the April 27, 2013 Toyota Owners 400 at Richmond.
Odds courtesy of the LVH Super Book.
Micah Roberts, a former sports book director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more Roberts insights on the race, go to The Linemakers on SportingNews.com or follow on Twitter: MicahRoberts7.
Practice write-up will come later