Micah Roberts Top 10 Driver Ratings
Wonderful Pistachios 400
Richmond International Raceway
Saturday, September 10, 2011 - 4:46 pm (PDT)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Practice 2 Qualified Richmond1*
1. Kyle Busch 3/1 12th 4th 13th 1st
Three-time winner with a 4.9 average finish in 13 starts; using winning Kentucky chassis.
2. Denny Hamlin 9/2 13th 36th 28th 2nd
Won two of last four races on his home track and has a 7.5 average finish in 11 starts.
3. Jimmie Johnson 8/1 2nd 7th 3rd 8th
Three-time winner, the last coming in 2007; using fifth-place New Hampshire chassis.
4. Jeff Gordon 8/1 1st 8th 17th 39th
Two-time winner, the last coming in 2000; best 10 consecutive lap average in final practice.
5. Clint Bowyer 20/1 4th 5th 5th 6th
2008 winner also finished sixth in three of his last four starts; using New Hampshire chassis.
6. Carl Edwards 10/1 6th 1st 8th 5th
Best career finish of fifth-place have come in two of last three starts; using Richmond chassis.
7. Kasey Kahne 30/1 17th 10th 12th 3rd
Won first career race in 2005; Only driver to finish sixth or better at PIR, NHMS and RIR in 2011.
8. A.J. Allmendinger 50/1 5th 21st 9th 7th
Has finished eighth or better in last two starts; using same chassis from the April race.
9. Ryan Newman 30/1 18th 31st 18th 20th
2003 winner with 11.8 average finish in 19 starts; won at NHMS which requires a similar set-up
10. Tony Stewart 12/1 30th 27th 22nd 9th
Three-time winner, the last coming in 2002; using Phoenix car that led four times for 59 laps.
* Results from the Crown Royal 400 held on April 30, 2011, the first Richmond race of the season.
Note: Because of the similar banking and distances, Phoenix (PIR) and New Hampshire (NHMS) data from earlier this season can be used as a great barometer for Richmond (RIR).
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.
Micah Roberts, a former race and sports Director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more Roberts insights and post-practice analysis on the race, go to VegasInsider.com or follow MicahRoberts7 on Twitter.