At Dover International Speedway:
· The official opening of Dover International Speedway, then called Dover Downs International Speedway, was in 1969.
· The first NASCAR Sprint Cup race was held on July 6, 1969.
· The first two races at Dover were 300 miles. The race length was changed to 500 miles in 1971.
· The track surface was changed to concrete in 1995.
· The race length was changed to 400 miles beginning with the second race in 1997.
· The track name was changed to Dover International Speedway in 2002.
· There have been 83 NASCAR Sprint Cup races at Dover International Speedway since the track opened in 1969.
· There was one race in 1969 and 1970. There has been two-a-year since 1971.
· Richard Petty won the track’s first NASCAR Sprint Cup race.
· There have been 35 different pole winners, led by David Pearson (six).
· David Pearson won the first pole in July 1969.
· Mark Martin, Jeff Gordon and Ryan Newman lead all active drivers, each with four poles.
· 32 different drivers have posted victories led by Bobby Allison and Richard Petty, each with seven.
· Jimmie Johnson leads all active drivers, with six victories.
· Hendrick Motorsports has a series-high 12 wins.
· 50 races at Dover have been won from a top-five starting position; 18 races have been won from a starting position outside the top 10.
· 13 drivers have won from the pole. The last to do so was Jimmie Johnson, in last season’s September race.
· The furthest back in the field a race winner started was 37th, by Kyle Petty in 1995.
· Several active drivers had their first start at Dover, including three past champions: Kurt Busch (18th in 2000), Matt Kenseth (sixth in 1998) and Bobby Labonte (34th in 1991).
· In addition, Matt Kenseth (2002) and Michael Waltrip (1991) earned their first pole at Dover. Martin Truex Jr. won his first race there (2007).
NASCAR in Delaware
· There have been 83 NASCAR Sprint Cup races in Delaware, all at Dover International Speedway.
· Eight drivers in NASCAR’s three national series (all-time) have their home state recorded as Delaware, though none have posted victories.
Dover International Speedway Data
Race #: 29 of 36 (10-02-11)
Track Size: 1 mile
· Banking/Corners: 24 degrees
· Banking/Straights: 9 degrees
· Frontstretch: 1,076 feet
· Backstretch: 1,076 feet
Driver Rating at Dover Jimmie Johnson 117.4
Matt Kenseth 110.0
Greg Biffle 106.9
Carl Edwards 104.9
Kyle Busch 102.0
Mark Martin 97.8
Kurt Busch 95.0
Ryan Newman 93.5
Jeff Burton 90.4
Martin Truex Jr. 89.7
Jeff Gordon 89.4
Clint Bowyer 87.9
Note: Driver Rating compiled from 2005-2011 races (13 total) at Dover.
2010 pole winner: Jimmie Johnson (155.736 mph, 23.116 seconds)
2010 race winner: Jimmie Johnson (131.543 mph, 09-26-10)
Track qualifying record: Jeremy Mayfield (161.522 mph, 22.288 seconds, 06-04-04)
Track race record: Mark Martin (132.719 mph, 09-21-97)