Micah Roberts Top 10 Driver Ratings
Atlanta Motor Speedway
Sunday, September 4, 2011 - 4:46 pm (PDT)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Practice 2 Qualified Charlotte*
1. Tony Stewart 10/1 14th 1st 20th 17th
Three-time winner; best 10 consecutive lap average in practice. Using Las Vegas chassis.
2. Brad Keselowski 15/1 1st 4th 14th 19th
Top overall performer in all practice session categories; hottest current driver last four weeks.
3. Matt Kenseth 7/1 12th 12th 6th 14th
Eight top-five finishes in 22 career starts with 13.0 average; led most laps at Charlotte.
4. Carl Edwards 6/1 15th 7th 7th 16th
Three-time winner with four other top-five finishes in 13 starts; using fifth-place Kansas car.
5. Clint Bowyer 30/1 3rd 3rd 2nd 15th
Career best of sixth-place on four occasions in 10 starts; using eighth-place Michigan car.
6. Kyle Busch 8/1 19th 9th 3rd 32nd
2008 winner; chassis will make second start, the first was a runner-up finish at Pocono.
7. Jeff Gordon 10/1 27th 1st 5th 20th
Four-time winner with the last coming in 2003; 10.1 average finish over his last 20 starts.
8. Jimmie Johnson 8/1 9th 33rd 17th 28th
Three-time winner with the last coming in 2007; using fourth-place Pocono chassis this week.
9. Kurt Busch 13/1 20th 11th 10th 4th
Three-time winner, including two of the last four; returns same car from Coca-Cola 600.
10. Kevin Harvick 15/1 26th 19th 21st 1st
Won 2001 event in third start of career; using his winning Coca-Cola 600 chassis this week.
* Results from the Coca-Cola 600 held at Charlotte Motor Speedway on May 29, 2011, the last high banked 1.5-mile track ran at. Earlier races on the sister tracks of Las Vegas and Texas are also a good barometer to use for handicapping Sunday’s race.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.
Micah Roberts, a former race and sports Director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more Roberts insights and post-practice analysis on the race, go to VegasInsider.com or follow MicahRoberts7 on Twitter.