|All Junior has to do is finish 20th or better at Richmond|
Heading into the final race of the regular season, here are the clinch scenarios for the remaining three Chase spots.
Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Earnhardt is currently 25 points ahead of 11th place. Regardless of any other driver’s finish, Earnhardt will clinch if he finishes:
· 20th or better
· 21st or better and leads at least one lap
· 22nd or better and leads the most laps
Stewart is currently 23 points ahead of 11th place. Regardless of any other driver’s finish, Stewart will clinch if he finishes:
· 18th or better
· 19th or better and leads at least one lap
· 20th or better and leads the most laps
A number of different finishes affect the Wild Card scenario.
- With a victory, Denny Hamlin will earn at least a Wild Card spot.
- With a victory, Paul Menard will earn a Wild Card spot.
- With a victory AND entry into the top 20, Marcos Ambrose or David Ragan will earn a Wild Card spot. Both drivers are currently outside the top 20. Ambrose is seven points outside the top 20; Ragan is 20 points outside the top 20.
All drivers through 23rd place in the series standings remain eligible for a spot in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. Aside from the scenarios listed above, those without an already-clinched Chase spot need a win, a top 20 spot and various finishes from other drivers to earn a Chase spot.