Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Martin Truex Jr. made major statement leading 588 of 600 miles at Charlotte

Truex paid out at 8/1 odds at Las Vegas sports books
CONCORD, NC – In an amazing accomplishment, Martin Truex Jr. led 392 of 400 laps, equivalent of 588 of 600 miles in Sunday night’s Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway putting an exclamation point on one of the most dominating winning performances in NASCAR modern-era history.

As dominating as Truex Jr. was in NASCAR’s longest race, the effort by his Furniture Row Racing team wasn’t all that surprising. On several occasions this season, including at Texas Motor Speedway and Kansas Speedway, other mile-and-a-half tracks on the Sprint Cup circuit, Truex had the car to beat – but didn’t end up in Victory Lane.

On Sunday night, nothing would stand in-between Truex and his fourth career NASCAR Sprint Cup Series win.

“It feels awesome. Coca-Cola 600, man, this is one everybody wants to win,” said Truex after the race. “I feel like we had this thing won last year when we gave it up and just I don’t know. There are so many emotions, I had to unplug my radio and just ride around and think for a few minutes, because I didn’t even know what I was going to say or what I was going to do. Just we’ve been through a lot as a group. I’ve been through a lot personally.

“I’ve been through a lot with Sherry (Pollex, girlfriend) and just it’s fun to have her here and have her celebrate and it’s just – happy for my guys, happy for Barney (Visser, team owner), Toyota, everybody that helps us do this. I mean, I’ve got the best team in the world and we’ve got these Joe Gibbs Racing Toyotas flying, man. It’s just fun to drive them and I honestly thought we could have been better tonight and just kept digging and just kept making small adjustments and working on it and I don’t know, man. Here we are.”

Read More Here....CatchFence.com

No comments: