|Carl Edwards will start from the pole Sunday at Sonoma.|
The Linemakers on Sporting News
Micah Roberts' NASCAR Ratings
Toyota/Save Mart 350
Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 12:18 pm (PT)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Practice 2 Qualified Sonoma '15*
1. Kurt Busch (5/1) 11th 12th 4th 2nd
2011 winner, active leader with seven top-fives and 197 laps led; using 2015 road chassis.
2. Carl Edwards (10/1) 5th 4th 1st 40th
2014 winner, third-place in 2013 and 2011. Pole sitter won five of 27 Sonoma races (18.5%).
3. A.J. Allmendinger (7/1) 19th 15th 2nd 37th
Captured only career win in 2014 on the other road course at the faster Watkins Glen Int'l.
4. Jimmie Johnson (7/1) 15th 13th 15th 6th
2010 winner, ninth or better in past seven starts. Led race-high 45 laps in last seasons race.
5. Kyle Busch (10/1) 14th 5th 8th 1st
Two-time winner, including last season -- his only top-fives in 11 career starts (19.09 avg).
6. Martin Truex Jr. (10/1) 3rd 10th 3rd 42nd
2013 with 21st-place average finish in 10 starts. Best 10-consecutive lap average in practice 2.
7. Kasey Kahne (30/1) 24th 9th 19th 8th
2009 winner after not cracking top-20 in first five attempts; eighth or better past three starts.
8. Kevin Harvick (7/1) 17th 18th 25th 4th
2007 runner-up and using chassis this week that had top-fives in both 2015 road course races.
9. Joey Logano (15/1) 10th 16th 7th 5th
Career-best fifth last year continuing trend of him getting better on road courses every year.
10. Dale Earnhardt Jr. (18/1) 4th 1st 13th 7th
Didn't have a top-10 in first 14 starts, but was third in 2014 and then seventh last year.
* Results from June 28, 2015 Sonoma race
Odds courtesy of the Westgate SuperBook.
Micah Roberts, a former Las Vegas sports book director, has been setting NASCAR odds since 1994. Follow him on twitter @MicahRoberts7