Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Danica Patrick almost certainty to be voted into All-Star Race

Danica is part of 'Field' bet at 10/1
KANNAPOLIS, N.C. (May 12, 2015) – For Danica Patrick, there are two ways to make it into Saturday’s NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race to contend for the million-dollar winner’s check: win one of the segments in Friday’s Sprint Showdown or win the Sprint Fan Vote.

Friday night, she has two chances to race her way into the field for Saturday’s featured event. In previous seasons, the top-two finishers of the Sprint Showdown advanced to the Sprint All-Star Race, but this year the winner of each of two 20-lap segments will advance to Saturday’s race. Patrick has earned top-10 finishes in both prior starts in the Sprint Showdown.

Patrick’s other hope for making the Sprint All-Star Race is via the Sprint Fan Vote. She is one of 32 Sprint Cup drivers eligible for the Sprint Fan Vote this year. Fans can vote through the start of Friday’s Sprint Showdown on the NASCAR mobile app or by visiting NASCAR.com/SprintFanVote.

As Patrick looks to work her way into the Sprint All-Star Race, her No. 10 Chevrolet SS for Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR) will sport a different look for this weekend’s festivities. Longtime SHR partner Mobil 1 has primary placement on the hood and TV panel, and Aspen Dental is featured on the rear quarter panels of the blue, white and black No. 10 car.

Whether she races her way in or gets voted in by the fans, Patrick hopes to be racing the No. 10 Mobil 1/Aspen Dental Chevrolet SS for a shot at the $1 million winner’s check in Saturday night’s Sprint All-Star Race.

DANICA PATRICK, Driver of the No. 10 Mobil 1/Aspen Dental Chevrolet SS for Stewart-Haas Racing:

How do you feel about the Showdown and making the Sprint All-Star Race field?

“By all means, as a driver, I want to get in legitimately by racing my way into the show. If being voted in is my last chance, then I’m grateful for my fans. I had more votes last year than the year before and I won the year before. My fans are always there for me. I’ve seen a number of posts on social media from my fans about voting and I’m grateful for their support.”

You made it into the Sprint All-Star Race two years ago. How did you feel about that?
“It was very flattering. I’m very fortunate for the fans that I have. I have to say that from a driver’s perspective. I would rather race my way in but, if I have to get in by fan vote, what other way is better than that? I mean, to have the fans put you in the race was something special. I have been so lucky in my career to have such great fans everywhere I go, so I have to say thank you for that.”

DANICA PATRICK’S SPRINT ALL-STAR PERFORMANCE PROFILE
YearDateTrackStartFinishStatus/LapsLaps LedEarnings
20145/15Sprint Showdown (NSCS)710Running, 40/400$28,262
20135/18Sprint All-Star Race (NSCS)2220Running, 90/900$89,150
20135/18Sprint Open (NSCS)79Running, 40/400$29,440

- True Speed Communication for Stewart-Haas Racing

No comments: