Micah Roberts Top 10 Driver Ratings
Pure Michigan 400
Michigan International Speedway
Sunday, August 21, 2011 - 10:16 am (PDT)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Qualified Practice 2 Michigan*
1. Matt Kenseth 12/1 1st 2nd 7th 2nd
Two-time winner with 9.5 average finish; using same chassis that won at Texas.
2. Greg Biffle 20/1 3rd 1st 4th 15th
Two-time winner with 12.4 average finish; led the most laps in the first Michigan race.
3. Jeff Gordon 8/1 7th 9th 5th 17th
Two-time winner, the last coming in 2001, with 11.6 average finish; 18 top-five finishes.
4. Kyle Busch 8/1 11th 17th 2nd 3rd
Two top-five finishes in 13 starts; using 10th-place Brickyard chassis this week.
5. Jimmie Johnson 7/1 26th 19th 3rd 27th
One of only five tracks yet to conquer; using third-place Kentucky chassis this week.
6. Paul Menard 50/1 6th 11th 10th 4th
Fastest average speeds and 10-consecutive lap average in practice 2; using chassis from June.
7. Mark Martin 50/1 4th 5th 1st 9th
Five-time winner, the last coming in 2009, with a 13.5 average finish in 51 starts.
8. Denny Hamlin 8/1 12th 4th 11th 3rd
Two wins and a runner-up in last three starts; using brand new TRD engine this week.
9. Kurt Busch 8/1 13th 13th 6th 11th
Two-time winner, the last coming in 2007; using 10th-place Texas chassis this week.
10. Carl Edwards 7/1 28th 22nd 14th 5th
Two-time winner with track best 6.6 average finish; using fifth-place Kentucky chassis.
* Results from the first Michigan race of season held June 19, 2011.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.
Micah Roberts, a former race and sports Director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more Roberts insights and post-practice analysis on the race, go to VegasInsider.com or follow MicahRoberts7 on Twitter.