Micah Roberts Top 10 Driver Ratings
Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips at the Glen
Watkins Glen International
Sunday, August 14, 2011 - 10:16 am (PDT)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Practice 2 Qualified Sonoma*
1. Juan Pablo Montoya 7/1 2nd 15th 5th 22nd
2010 winner finished sixth or better last three seasons; using winning chassis from last year.
2. Marcos Ambrose 7/2 13th 1st 3rd 5th
No finish worse than third in three career starts on track; had best practices overall.
3. Kyle Busch 8/1 1st 16th 1st 11th
2008 winner with five straight top 10 finishes; using 11th-place chassis from Sonoma.
4. Kurt Busch 8/1 17th 2nd 27th 1st
2010 runner-up was his best career finish; using winning Sonoma chassis from June.
5. Jeff Gordon 8/1 7th 23rd 17th 2nd
Four-time winner, the last coming in 2001. Holds NASCAR record with nine road course wins
6. Tony Stewart 7/1 18th 32nd 7th 39th
Five-time winner, the first in 2002 and the last coming in 2009; finished seventh in 2010.
7. Carl Edwards 18/1 16th 3rd 8th 3rd
Best finish of third in 2009; on streak of five straight top-10s. Using Sonoma chassis this week.
8. Clint Bowyer 40/1 20th 7th 19th 4th
Best finish of ninth in 2009; had a good practice and is using fourth-place Sonoma chassis.
9. Jimmie Johnson 10/1 23rd 8th 4th 7th
One of only five tracks to not win at during Cup career; using car that last ran at Sonoma.
10. Brad Keselowski 75/1 5th 4th 12th 10th
One of the best in practice and looks to have same equipment as Kurt Busch; new car this week.
* Results from the June 26, 2011 race at Infineon Raceway, the only other road course race of season in the Sprint Cup series.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.
Micah Roberts, a former race and sports Director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more Roberts insights and post-practice analysis on the race, go to VegasInsider.com or follow MicahRoberts7 on Twitter.
Sunday's Starting Lineup