Price Chopper 400
Sunday, October 3, 2010 - 10:16 am (PDT)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Qualifying Practice 2 Practice 3
1. Jeff Gordon 7/1 18th 3rd 2nd 5th
Two-time winner with track best 8.9 average finish. Has lead 393 laps on 1.5-mile tracks this season.
2. Greg Biffle 10/1 15th 5th 5th 3rd
2007 winner with top-three finishes in five of last six Kansas races; new car this week.
3. Kurt Busch 12/1 13th 9th 1st 12th
Has led 393 laps on 1.5-mile tracks this season, including wins at Atlanta and Charlotte.
4. Jimmie Johnson 7/2 3rd 21st 6th 2nd
2008 win was his only top-five finish in eight starts. Using third-place Atlanta chassis this week.
5. Tony Stewart 12/1 12th 14th 18th 23rd
Two time Kansas winner, including last year. Using winning Atlanta chassis this week.
6. Matt Kenseth 20/1 11th 8th 3rd 13th
Leads all drivers with a 10.2 average finish in the six races on 1.5-mile tracks this year.
7. Carl Edwards 10/1 6th 31st 10th 7th
13.3 average finish in six starts; runner-up in 2008. Using third-place Michigan chassis this week.
8. Mark Martin 75/1 DNP 28th 17th 1st
2005 winner has three top-six finishes on 1.5-mile tracks this year. Using fourth-place Fontana chassis.
9. Jamie McMurray 25/1 5th 22nd 23rd 8th
Using same chassis this week that was runner-up at Darlington and fifth at Chicagoland.
10. Kyle Busch 7/1 24th 19th 21st 14th
No top-fives in seven starts at Kansas; using fifth-place Atlanta chassis this week.
Note: Kansas Speedway is one of seven 1.5-mile tracks on the Sprint Cup circuit, but it’s banking is much flatter than the others with Chicagoland Speedway being the most similar.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.
Write-up available later this evening.