Tums Fast Relief 500
Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 10:16 am (PDT)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Qualifying Practice 2 Practice 3
1. Denny Hamlin 3/1 2nd 1st 17th 8th
Native Virginian has won last two Martinsville races and three overall; 6.6 average finish.
2. Jimmie Johnson 3/1 13th 19th 10th 6th
Six-time winner with track best 5.4 average finish in 17 starts; using winning Loudon chassis.
3. Jeff Gordon 6/1 8th 11th 13th 7th
Seven time winner on track with last coming in 2005 sweep, 11 straight top-five finishes.
4. Jeff Burton 20/1 19th 18th 6th 2nd
Native Virginian claimed 1997 win; led five times for 140 laps in the spring race.
5. Tony Stewart 10/1 1st 6th 18th 35th
Two-time winner with the last coming in spring of 2006; using Loudon chassis this week.
6. Clint Bowyer 15/1 6th 17th 2nd 3rd
One of the better flat track drivers. 12.8 average finish in nine starts; debuts new car this week..
7. Ryan Newman 30/1 25th 4th 12th 15th
Using same chassis that has averaged a finish of 5.7 in last three Martinsville starts.
8. Greg Biffle 50/1 4th 3rd 22nd 1st
No top five finishes in 15 career Martinsville starts, but fast in practice; using Loudon chassis.
9. Kevin Harvick 12/1 28th 36th 3rd 5th
No top five finishes in 18 starts, but had fastest average speeds during happy hour; using Loudon chassis.
10. Mark Martin 50/1 20th 21st 32nd 10th
Two-time winner with the last coming in 2000; fourth fastest average speeds during happy hour.
Note: Martinsville’s flat 0.526-mile layout is unlike any other track on the circuit, but some crew chiefs do use notes from their Loudon, New Hampshire set-ups.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.
Micah Roberts, a former Race and Sports Book Director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. He currently writes for multiple publications covering all sports. He can be reached at MM.Roberts7Gmail.com.