Micah Roberts Top 10 Driver Ratings
Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips at The Glen
Watkins Glen International
Sunday, August 8, 2010 - 10:16 am (PDT)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Practice 2 Qualifying Sonoma
1. Tony Stewart 7/2 22nd 6th 6th 9th
All-time track leader with five career wins; six straight finishes on no worse than runner-up.
2. Marcos Ambrose 7/2 7th 3rd 11th 6th
Finished runner-up and third in only two Cup starts at The Glen; won last three Nationwide races.
3. Juan Pablo Montoya 8/1 6th 2nd 3rd 10th
Fourth and sixth-place finishes in his last two Watkins Glen starts; great practices Friday.
4. Greg Biffle 60/1 1st 1st 7th 7th
Dialed in strong during both practices; lots of momentum coming off of huge win at Pocono.
5. Kyle Busch 8/1 11th 7th 10th 39th
Swept 2008 road course season; will be using same chassis from Sonoma.
6. Kevin Harvick 12/1 18th 5th 20th 3rd
2006 winner at The Glen who is using a brand new chassis this week.
7. Carl Edwards 30/1 10th 11th 1st 29th
8.8 career average Watkins Glen finish that include two top-five finishes.
8. Kurt Busch 25/1 5th 4th 5th 32nd
Using same chassis that was running in top-five at Sonoma until punted by Jeff Gordon.
9. Jimmie Johnson 8/1 29th 13th 9th 1st
Three career top-fives at The Glen; using winning Sonoma chassis this week.
10. Jeff Gordon 8/1 30th 39th 16th 5th
Terrible Practice, but series leading nine road course wins make him a contender alone.
* June 20 Sonoma Results, the only other road course NASCAR Sprint Cup event of the year.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.
Write-up to Follow Later