Micah Roberts Top 10 Driver Ratings
IRWIN Tools Night Race
Bristol Motor Speedway
Saturday, August 21, 2010 - 4:46 pm (PDT)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Practice 2 Qualifying Bristol*
1. Jimmie Johnson 6/1 7th 4th 1st 1st
First Bristol win in 17 tries came in the spring; using sixth-place Michigan chassis this week.
2. Carl Edwards 10/1 36th 2nd 2nd 6th
Two-time Bristol winner, both coming after 2007 repaving. Using Dover car this week.
3. Tony Stewart 10/1 21st 14th 4th 2nd
2001 Bristol winner; using same car that led with seven laps to go finishing runner-up in spring.
4. Jeff Gordon 12/1 4th 5th 26th 14th
Five-time Bristol winner with the last coming in 2002; career average finish of 11.7 in 35 starts.
5. Greg Biffle 10/1 8th 32nd 21st 4th
Two straight fourth-place finishes at Bristol; using sixth place Dover chassis this week.
6. Matt Kenseth 20/1 24th 6th 14th 5th
Two-time Bristol winner with the last coming in 2006; career average finish of 12.7 in 21 starts.
7. Kyle Busch 6/1 28th 20th 19th 9th
Three-time Bristol winner with an average finish of 5.7 in seven starts with the new COT.
8. Ryan Newman 40/1 25th 1st 6th 16th
Average finish of 8.8 in last four Bristol starts; using same chassis from the spring race.
9. Jamie McMurray 35/1 14th 7th 7th 8th
Great average speeds in both Friday practices. Five top-10 finishes in 15 Bristol starts.
10. Kurt Busch 7/1 26th 23rd 20th 3rd
The five-time Bristol winner didn’t practice well; using same chassis that led 278 laps in the spring.
Note: Only two scheduled practice sessions at Bristol with the first being two-hours long.
* Results from the March 21, 2010 Bristol race.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.