Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Driver to Beat: Chase Briscoe dominating Xfinity Series

Briscoe is the 5/2 favorite to win at Kentucky in Xfinity Series. 
It is very clear that Chase Briscoe seems to be the driver to beat week in and week out. With five wins in 13 starts, Briscoe has the most wins of any other driver in the series.

As the series heads to Kentucky Speedway, taking a look at Briscoe’s stats at the track show that this could be another strong showing for the driver of the No. 98 Stewart-Haas Racing Ford. Last season was his first start at the track for the Xfinity Series and he started ninth and finished fifth. He also led 14 laps.

With momentum on his side after having won the last two races (Pocono, Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course), making Kentucky Speedway the third win in a row doesn’t seem too far off.

Briscoe mentioned having a goal of winning eight races this season to prove himself and with five wins to his name already, he’s within reach of obtaining his goal.

“It’s weird to say but I feel like I’ve always thrived under pressure. I set a goal for myself and the team has stuck behind me, but it’s kind of like Babe Ruth calling his shot. I knew if I did that, I had to back it up. I’ve always fed on the pressure. You go back to the Roval and I won it. A lot of people don’t realize I didn’t have a ride if I didn’t win that race. Sleeping on couches, volunteering in race shops, and only having one race to prove myself, I had to do the best I could. So, I put a number out there. I want to win more races and prove my worth. I felt like that was an attainable goal and that if I put the pressure on myself it would give me something to shoot for,” Briscoe said.

No comments: