Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Daniel Suarez is 40/1 to win at Chicagoland

DANIEL SUÁREZ
Making Amigos at Chicagoland

KANNAPOLIS, North Carolina (June 26, 2019) – Daniel Suárez and the No. 41 Ruckus Ford Mustang team for Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR) venture to the Midwest for Sunday’s Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race at Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, Illinois. This weekend marks the second consecutive event and fourth time this season Ruckus will adorn the No. 41 machine.

Ruckus Networks, an ARRIS company, is redefining connectivity by bridging the digital divide and connecting people around the world. Ruckus strives to deliver ubiquitous connectivity to its access points, switches and cloud services.
 
Suárez’s strong run in the top-five last Sunday in his third career start on the road course at Sonoma (Calif.) Raceway was thwarted by a late-race pit stop penalty that dropped him from fifth to 25th before he finished 17th.

The Mexico native has two starts in the Cup Series at Chicagoland with finishes of 12th and 11th, respectively, completing all 534 possible laps with an average starting and finishing position of 11.5. Dating back to 2014, he’s made six starts in the NASCAR Xfinity Series at Chicagoland with an average start of 6.0 and an average finish of 9.2. Additionally, he’s led 21 laps and earned two top-five finishes and four top-10s. The 27-year-old driver also made two starts in the NASCAR Gander Outdoor Truck Series at Chicagoland. The efforts resulted in one top-five along with 46 laps led, and an average starting position of 4.5 and an average finish of 7.5. Finally, he’s made one start in the ARCA Racing Series at Chicagoland, in which he started second before an engine issue ended his day.

In his last 10 starts at 1.5-mile tracks, Suárez has one top-five and three top-10s. He’s led 21 laps and completed 99.5 percent of all possible laps.

This weekend, fans will have the opportunity to view Suárez’s perspective from inside the Ruckus Mustang courtesy of Coca-Cola, which is sponsoring his in-car camera. Additionally, there will be 200 “Daniel’s Amigos” in the grandstands Sunday, supporting the Monterrey, Mexico driver. “Daniel’s Amigos” is a fan-focused movement to engage and celebrate with Latino NASCAR fans. “We had a big group of Daniel’s Amigos at Auto Club (Speedway in Fontana, California) and they all had a great time, especially the ones who were at my car for prerace,” Suárez said. “This is the second time this season we’re having a group out to the track and I hope they have a great time just like the group in California.”

Suárez is 13th in the Cup Series standings with 421 points to round out the four-car SHR contingent. The top 16 drivers after the 26 regular-season races will earn a spot in the NASCAR playoffs.

So far this season, Suárez has garnered two top-five finishes and six top-10s and has led 52 laps behind the wheel of the No. 41 Ford Mustang. Team co-owner Tony Stewart currently has SHR’s only Cup win at Chicagoland which he captured in 2011.

Ruckus, a technology provider, and SHR, a racing organization, both ultimately strive to achieve the same goals – to operate at high performance. Ruckus provides secure and reliable access to applications and services, and offers a complete offering of high-performance network equipment. The company’s portfolio includes Wi-Fi controllers, indoor and outdoor access points, switches, network access security, and support and services.

Daniel Suárez: Driver of the No. 41 Ruckus Ford Mustang for Stewart-Haas Racing:
As far as social media goes, is there a rule out there that you think everyone should follow when they use social media?

“I feel like the number-one rule is to show your personality. I feel like when I was on social media in the very beginning a few years back, I took it very seriously and just did it for racing purposes. I wasn’t doing anything about my real life, I wasn’t doing anything about my cars, I wasn’t doing anything about what I like to do when I’m not racing. I feel like that wasn’t right because the fans want to know who you are as a person. What is in my car? What do I do on a weekly basis? So I feel like being yourself and having your personality out there and just having a little fun with the fans, that’s something that’s super important.”

Were you able to watch NASCAR and other racing series growing up in Mexico?

“I will say that NASCAR is like any other big sport in Mexico that you can watch on TV on the weekends and you can find it without problem, which is very good. When I was a little kid, I was a fan of racing and I used to watch NASCAR, Formula One and rallies on TV. I wasn’t even thinking about racing NASCAR in the U.S. when I was young in Mexico. For me, NASCAR in the U.S. was too far away. I didn’t know how to get there. I didn’t speak English. I didn’t have the money. I didn’t have any sponsors or the connections, so my original goal was just to race nationally in Mexico.”

No comments: