|Greg Biffle starts from the pole Saturday night at Daytona.|
Micah Roberts' NASCAR Sprint Cup Ratings
Coke Zero 400
Daytona International Speedway
Saturday, July 2, 2016 - 5:08 pm (PT)
Rating Driver Odds Daytona '16* Talladega '16* Practice Qualified
1. Denny Hamlin 10/1 1st 31st 30th 9th
Only Bobby Allsion (1982) has won Unlimited, Daytona 500 and Coke Zero 400 in same year.
2. Dale Earnhardt Jr 9/2 36th 40th 32nd 16th
Four-time winner, including 2015; active leader with 13 top-fives, second with 593 laps led.
3. Kyle Busch 12/1 3rd 2nd 28th 3rd
2008 winner, the last season he won a restrictor-plate race. Crashed primary car in practice.
4. Jimmie Johnson 8/1 16th 22nd 19th 8th
Three-time winner, including 2013 sweep; 16.9 avg. finish, 11 top-fives and 278 laps led.
5. Joey Logano 10/1 6th 25th 8th 11th
2015 Daytona 500 winner, and won at Talladega in fall, his only two plate wins of career.
6. Kevin Harvick 10/1 4th 15th 33rd 21st
Two-time winner, the last coming in 2010; using '16 back-up chassis from Talladega/Daytona.
7. Matt Kenseth 12/1 14th 23rd 26th 7th
Two-time Daytona 500 winner; led 40 of final 41 laps in Feb. race, shuffled back on last lap.
8. Brad Keselowski 15/1 20th 1st 3rd 5th
No Daytona wins in 14 attempts, but has four wins at Talladega. Best finish: third in 2014.
9. Chase Elliott 15/1 37th 5th 25th 24th
Debut in Feb. wasn't so good, but leading 27 laps and finishing fifth at Talladega impressive.
10. Kurt Busch 15/1 10th 8th 20th 10th
The best plate racer without ever winning a plate races -- top-10 finish in his last four starts.
Note: Thursday's two scheduled practice sessions were cancelled due to rain and made up into one early Friday session.
* Results from the past two races using restrictor-plates to slow the cars down: Daytona (February, 2016) and Talladega (May, 2016).
Odds courtesy of the Westgate SuperBook.
Micah Roberts, a former Las Vegas sports book director, has been setting NASCAR odds since 1994. Follow him on twitter @MicahRoberts7