Micah Roberts’ Top-10 NASCAR Ratings
Sprint Unlimited (Formerly known as the Bud Shootout)
Daytona International Speedway
Saturday, February 16, 2013, 8:10 p.m. ET.
RATING DRIVER ODDS TEST* PRAC 1 PRAC 2 2012 SHOOTOUT**
1. Kevin Harvick 8/1 2nd 1st 4th 22nd
Two-time winner, the last coming in back-to-back years in 2010. Childress cars look good.
2. Matt Kenseth 8/1 1st 9th N/A 21st
No wins in the Shootout, but does have two Daytona 500 wins, including last season.
3. Kyle Busch 8/1 3rd 10th 9th 1st
2012 winner; comes off a fantastic final 10 stretch in 2012 with seven top-5 finishes.
4. Greg Biffle 12/1 1st 3rd 3rd 6th
Hasn’t won at Daytona since 2003 Firecracker, but Roush Racing affiliation strong here.
5. Kasey Kahne 12/1 3rd 4th 7th 13th
Only restrictor-plate win of career came in 2010 Duel, but car has look of a possible winner.
6. Martin Truex Jr. 15/1 3rd 5th N/A 19th
Best finish in two Shootout starts has been 19th, but Waltrip cars might have an edge here.
7. Denny Hamlin 10/1 3rd 12th 1st 5th
Won Shootout as a rookie in 2006, his only career plate win. Gibbs cars might be best overall.
8. Mark Martin 25/1 4th 13th N/A N/A
1999 Shootout winner with only one top-5 in last 10, but MWR car is the strength here..
9. Dale Earnhardt Jr. 8/1 4th 6th N/A 20th
Two-time Shootout winner, 2003 and 2008; new car might bring plate racing edge back to him.
10. Tony Stewart 10/1 5th 16th N/A 2nd
Three-time Shootout winner: 2001, 2002 and 2007; average finish of 4.9 over last 12 starts.
* Best ranking on speeds charts from any of the six preseason test sessions held at Daytona Jan 10-12.
** Finish in the 2012 Budweiser Shootout, held February 18, 2012.
Odds courtesy of the LVHn Super Book.
Micah Roberts, a former race and sports Director, has been setting
NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more Roberts insights and
post-practice analysis on the race, go to TheLinemakers.com or follow on
Sprint Unlimited Practice Notes: Nothing Really Gained