|Carl Edwards is a 3-time winner at Texas and is 12/1 to win Saturday.|
Micah Roberts' Top-10 Rated NASCAR Drivers
Duck Commander 500
Texas Motor Speedway
Saturday, April 9, 2016 - 4:46 pm (PT)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Qualified Practice 2 Atlanta*
1. Jimmie Johnson 9/2 6th 11th 7th 1st
Track-best six-time winner, including last three, four of last five and five of last seven.
2. Brad Keselowski 8/1 2nd 8th 14th 9th
Led 312 of the 334 lap in fall Texas race. Third best 10-consecutive lap average in practice 2.
3. Martin Truex Jr. 15/1 1st 3rd 1st 7th
An 8.5 average finish last season, 14.7 over 21 races. Super-fast in both practice sessions.
4. Joey Logano 7/1 3rd 2nd 5th 12th
Top-five in four of past six starts, including 2014 win; runner-up at Las Vegas bodes well.
5. Kevin Harvick 9/2 24th 22nd 11th 6th
No wins in 26 starts, six top-fives; one more runner-up and he'll tie Johnson for 10th all-time.
6. Matt Kenseth 8/1 11th 9th 22nd 19th
Two-time winner with track-record tying 13 top-five finishes in 26 starts; 9.4 average finish.
7. Kurt Busch 15/1 25th 21st 6th 4th
2009 winner with 15.5 average finish in 26 starts; using pole sitting chassis from Las Vegas.
8. Austin Dillon 30/1 4th 10th 13th 11th
He just keeps plugging along with career year; best 10-consecutive lap average in practice 2.
9. Dale Earnhardt Jr. 15/1 26th 16th 17th 2nd
Won first career race here (2000), but none since in 26 starts; sixth or better past three starts.
10. Carl Edwards 12/1 21st 1st 2nd 5th
Three-time winner, but none since sweep of 2008; finished fifth in the fall last season.
* Results from Feb. 28 race at Atlanta Motor Speedway, which is the most similar high-banked 1.5-mile track to Texas run in 2016 so far.
Odds courtesy of the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook.
Micah Roberts, a former Las Vegas sports book director, has been setting NASCAR odds since 1994. Follow him on twitter @MicahRoberts7
FYI......Kyle Busch was actually fourth and didn't come through on the final equation for some reason. Sorry for the error