Micah Roberts‘ Top-10 Driver Ratings
Coke Zero 400
Daytona International Speedway
Saturday, July 6, 2013 - 4:46 p.m. PT
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Practice 2 Qualified Daytona 500*
1. Matt Kenseth 8/1 11th DNP 2nd 37th
Two-time Daytona 500 winner; led 228 of 392 laps during two restrictor plate races this season.
2. Dale Earnhardt Jr. 10/1 5th 8th 16th 2nd
Two-time winner, the last in 2004; 12.9 average finish in past 20 starts is tops among all drivers.
3. Tony Stewart 15/1 30th 16th 13th 41st
Four-time winner, all coming during summer event, including last year; his time of year to roll.
4. Clint Bowyer 15/1 2nd DNP 3rd 11th
Career best of fourth twice; two-time winner on other restrictor-plate track at Talladega.
5. Kyle Busch 12/1 18th 7th 1st 34th
2008 winner with two other second-place finishes; has eight top-five finishes on season.
6. Carl Edwards 18/1 3rd 9th 12th 33rd
Two-time runner-up, the last in 2011; still looking for first plate win, but looks to be best of Fords.
7. Jeff Gordon 15/1 32nd 4th 23rd 20th
Six-time winner, the last in 2005; no one has more restrictor plate wins in NASCAR history.
8. Jimmie Johnson 12/1 10th DNP 8th 1st
Two time Daytona 500 winner; last driver to sweep season was Bobby Allison in 1982.
9. Kevin Harvick 12/1 27th DNP 26th 42nd
Two-time winner, the last in 2010; using winning Sprint Unlimited chassis this week.
10. Denny Hamlin 18/1 8th DNP 24th 14th
Career best of third in 2009; led three times for 33 laps in Daytona 500. Perfect spot to steal a win.
Note: Only 17 drivers participated in practice 2, due to some drivers choosing to avoid any possible volatile situation on the track preventing damage to their cars.
* Results from the February 24, 2013 Daytona 500. This will be the third restrictor-plate race of the season.
Odds courtesy of the LVH Super Book.
Micah Roberts, a former sports book director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more Roberts insights on the race, go to The Linemakers on SportingNews.com or follow on Twitter: MicahRoberts7.