Micah Roberts Top 10 Driver Ratings
Kobalt Tools 500
Phoenix International Raceway (PIR)
Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 12:16 pm (PDT)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Practice 2 Qualified Phoenix*
1. Carl Edwards 6/1 34th 2nd 9th 28th
2010 winner with average finish of 13th in 14 starts; using eighth-place Loudon chassis.
2. Tony Stewart 5/1 11th 36th 8th 7th
1999 winner, his first PIR Cup start, no wins since; using winning Loudon car from September.
3. Kevin Harvick 12/1 23rd 10th 27th 4th
Swept 2006 season, has 13.8 average finish in 17 starts; using winning Charlotte chassis.
4. Jeff Gordon 7/1 38th 13th 23rd 1st
Two-time winner with an average finish of 10th in 25 starts that includes 10 top-5 finishes.
5. Jimmie Johnson 8/1 33rd 12th 16th 3rd
Four-time winner, has finished fifth or better in 10 straight PIR races; using Loudon chassis.
6. Kyle Busch 8/1 40th 5th 34th 2nd
2005 winner with an average finish of 12.9 in 13 starts; only one top-5 since his win.
7. Matt Kenseth 12/1 2nd 38th 1st 12th
2002 winner, looked to have one of the best cars in Friday’s practice; using Loudon chassis.
8. Ryan Newman 20/1 5th 30th 30th 5th
2010 winner which started a current run of three straight top-5s; great Friday practice sessions.
9. Kasey Kahne 15/1 8th 31st 10th 6th
Career best of fifth in his first PIR Cup start in 2004; best 10 consecutive lap average in practice.
10. Paul Menard 60/1 4th 1st 11th 17th
Had an excellent Friday practice making him a solid contender; using Las Vegas chassis.
* Results from the first Phoenix race of the season held on February 27, 2011.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.
Micah Roberts, a former race and sports Director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more Roberts insights and post-practice analysis on the race, go to VegasInsider.com or follow MicahRoberts7 on Twitter.