Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Johnson Bringing Winning Kansas Chassis to Texas
MYLOWE’S LOUNGE: Johnson will drive the No. 48 MyLowe’s paint scheme in Texas. MyLowe’s is an integrated online tool on Lowes.com that helps keep track of everything in your home. Users will never have to remember paint colors, warranty information or room dimensions again. When using the My Lowe’s card, purchases will all automatically upload to the users MyLowe’s site and can be customized from there.
In addition, this weekend fans will have the opportunity to visit the MyLowes lounge located in the Midway at Texas Motor Speedway. Fans will play Jimmie Johnson’s new video game Jimmie Johnson’s Anything With An Engine, currently available for purchase on major gaming consoles.
JIMMIE JOHNSON FOUNDATION/LOWE’S TOOLBOX FOR EDUCATION CHAMPIONS GRANTS: Jimmie and Chandra Johnson will be in Oklahoma Thursday for a special event to announce the recipients of the 2011 Jimmie Johnson Foundation/Lowe’s Toolbox for Education Champions Grants. For the third year, the Jimmie Johnson Foundation and Lowe’s Toolbox for Education initiative have partnered to award grants in the areas where Johnson and his wife grew up and currently reside.
Texas Motor Speedway
• Johnson has made 16 Sprint Cup Series starts at Texas Motor Speedway, where he has one win, seven top-five and 12 top-10 finishes.
• Johnson has completed 96.2% (5150 of 5354) of competition laps at the 1.5-mile track and has led 118.
• He has an average start and finish of 9.1 and 9.9.
• Backup chassis No. 669 finished second at Michigan International Speedway in August and at Dover International Speedway in October.
JIMMIE JOHNSON QUOTE
TALK ABOUT HEADING TO TEXAS THIS WEEKEND: “Texas is a great track. It’s really challenging. The corner exits creep up on you and you are carrying a ton of speed and it’s a narrow transition from the exit of the turn onto the straights. The track has widened out a lot, so we can race all over. Texas Motor Speedway does an awesome job promoting our sport, and that race; and the fan base is there and they are excited to see us. So, I’m excited to go back to Texas.”
- GMR Live Marketing for Team Lowe’s Racing, Press Release