Micah Roberts Top 10 Driver Ratings
Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 12:16 pm (PDT)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Practice 2 Qualified Texas*
1. Carl Edwards 9/2 2nd 1st 1st 2nd
Two-time winner with a track best 5.7 average finish in seven starts; using Texas chassis.
2. Matt Kenseth 6/1 3rd 15th 6th 4th
2007 winner with two wins on 1.5-mile tracks in 2011; using Texas chassis this week.
3. Kevin Harvick 6/1 9th 18th 21st 13th
Two-time runner with a 7.9 average finish in 10 starts; using sixth-place Charlotte car.
4. Tony Stewart 4/1 15th 28th 15th 1st
Two-time winner under old configuration, no top-5s since 2004; using eighth-place Charlotte car.
5. Jeff Gordon 10/1 8th 12th 7th 6th
One of two Cup tracks that he’s never won on; owns an 11.8 average finish in 12 starts.
6. Jimmie Johnson 8/1 5th 14th 9th 14th
Two-time runner-up; one of only five tracks he‘s never won on. Using Charlotte chassis.
7. Ryan Newman 40/1 4th 26th 14th 16th
Career best finish of sixth came his rookie season in 2002; good practices Saturday in race trim.
8. Greg Biffle 15/1 14th 11th 8th 5th
Three-time winner from 2004-06; will be using 15th-place Charlotte chassis from October.
9. Brad Keselowski 30/1 25th 10th 5th 24th
Career best of 13th last season, had a great practice Saturday; will be using new chassis.
10. Dale Earnhardt Jr. 40/1 1st 23rd 11th 7th
Has never finished better than 13th in 11 starts; strong practice suggests it could be career day.
* Results from the November 6, 2011 race at Texas Motor Speedway, the last race run on a high-banked 1.5-mile track. Although the track configuration of Texas and Homestead are not similar, the set-up requirements for the cars are.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.
Micah Roberts, a former race and sports Director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more Roberts insights and post-practice analysis on the race, go to VegasInsider.com or follow MicahRoberts7 on Twitter.