Micah Roberts Top 10 Driver Ratings
Tums Fast Relief 500
Sunday, October 30, 2011 - 11:16 am (PDT)
Rating Driver Odds Lineup* Practice 1 2010** 2011**
1. Jimmie Johnson 5/1 7th 3rd 5th 11th
Six-time winner, the last coming in 2009; using same chassis from spring race.
2. Jeff Gordon 6/1 10th 9th 20th 5th
Seven-time winner, the last coming in 2005; has 30 top-10 finishes in 37 starts.
3. Kevin Harvick 6/1 5th 25th 3rd 1st
Using same car this week that won in spring race; the car also won at Richmond.
4. Clint Bowyer 18/1 13th 2nd 38th 9th
Excellent practice Saturday; using New Hampshire chassis that ran out of fuel leading late.
5. Dale Earnhardt Jr. 18/1 9th 10th 7th 2nd
Nine top-five finishes in 23 starts; using same chassis that finished runner-up in spring.
6. Kyle Busch 7/1 6th 15th 4th 3rd
Six top-five finishes in 13 starts; using winning Michigan chassis from August.
7. Denny Hamlin 6/1 11th 14th 1st 12th
Five-time winner on his home state track; finished sixth or better in last 9 of 10 races.
8. Kurt Busch 30/1 8th 11th 16th 16th
2002 winner with only one top-five since; using Keselowski chassis from Atlanta race.
9. Juan Montoya 40/1 20th 8th 19th 4th
Finished fourth or better in two of last four starts; using New Hampshire chassis.
10. Tony Stewart 7/1 4th 32nd 24th 34th
Two-time winner, the last coming in 2006; using chassis from both New Hampshire races.
* The starting lineup was set by points.
** Results from the last two Sprint Cup races run at Martinsville Speedway, October 24, 2010 and April 3, 2011.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.
Micah Roberts, a former race and sports Director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more Roberts insights and post-practice analysis on the race, go to VegasInsider.com or follow MicahRoberts7 on Twitter.