Micah Roberts Driver Ratings
Dover International Speedway
Sunday, October 2, 2011 - 11:16 am (PDT)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Practice 2 Qualified Dover*
1. Jeff Gordon 8/1 4th 2nd 34th 17th
Three-time winner; strong practices and dominating Bristol race make him the favorite.
2. Matt Kenseth 10/1 2nd 20th 18th 1st
Two-time winner; using the same chassis this week that he won with in May Dover race.
3. Jimmie Johnson 6/1 7th 12th 6th 9th
Six-time winner, the last coming in 2010; using chassis that finished second at Michigan.
4. Kyle Busch 6/1 5th 11th 5th 4th
Two-time winner with six other finishes of sixth or better; using winning Kentucky chassis.
5. Carl Edwards 7/1 3rd 16th 4th 7th
2007 winner and track best 7.6 average finish; using fourth-place Chicagoland chassis.
6. Kevin Harvick 15/1 16th 18th 22nd 10th
Career best of third in 2006. Has led 134 laps in 21 starts; using winning Charlotte chassis.
7. Mark Martin 30/1 15th 1st 17th 2nd
Four-time winner, the last coming in 2004; 11.4 average finsh in last 20 starts.
8. Brad Keselowski 15/1 6th 22nd 15th 13th
Rated high on the basis of his Bristol win where notes from that race should translate well.
9. Kurt Busch 12/1 12th 14th 2nd 14th
Five top-five finishes, including three in his last five starts; using third-place Pocono car.
10. Martin Truex Jr. 30/1 8th 33rd 1st 8th
Captured his only career win at Dover in 2007; had a strong runner-up finish at Bristol.
* Results from the May 15, 2011 FedEx 400 at Dover.
Note: Results from the August 27, 2011 race at Bristol can also be used as a barometer for Sunday's race. Although, Bristol is half the size of Dover, the two concrete tracks each have multiple grooves and similar banking.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.
Micah Roberts, a former race and sports book director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more of Roberts' insights and post-practice analysis on the race, go to VegasInsider.com or follow MicahRoberts7 on Twitter.