|Edwards using car that ran at Dover, Michigan and Bristol|
Team: No. 99 Aflac’s Now Hiring Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Bob Osborne
Chassis Choice: RK-739 – Last raced Bristol, finished ninth. It's the same car that he finished fifth with at Michigan International Speedway in June. The car also finished 7th at Dover in May.
Carl Edwards on racing at Charlotte Motor Speedway: “Charlotte has been a little difficult for us. We have been very hit and miss there. I do feel like our run in the All-Star race and 600 earlier this year will be something we can build on. We have a baseline strategy with the setup and we will go use that and hopefully it will work out better. I’m very grateful to be going into Charlotte as the points leader after our run in Kansas last weekend.”
Crew chief Bob Osborne on racing at Charlotte Motor Speedway: “We have rebuilt the car we won with at the All-Star race, but we’re not bringing that this weekend. The 500-mile race is a little different than the 600, but starting out we’ll work with a similar set-up to what we had in May and go from there. The temperature will be a lot cooler than in May and it will be dark when we start so that is another big difference.”
* THE CHASE IS ON…Carl Edwards enters the Bank of America 500 leading the NASCAR Sprint Cup Chase point standings by one point over Kevin Harvick. In 30 starts this season, Edwards has accumulated one win, 15 top-five and 21 top-10 finishes, and two poles.
* FOR THE RECORD…Edwards will make his 14th Cup start at Charlotte Motor Speedway this weekend. In his previous starts, Edwards has four top-five and seven top-10 finishes. His average start is 18.6, and his average finish is 13.3. Edwards has completed 98.9% of laps attempted at CMS. Of the 4585 laps Edwards has completed, he has led 97 of them.
* IN THE LOOP… According to NASCAR’s Loop Statistics compiled over the last 13 races at CMS, Edwards has turned 99 of the track’s fastest laps, spent 2445 laps in the top 15 and led a total of 97 laps. Edwards’ driver rating is 11th best among active drivers.
* ON THE TRACK…The Aflac team will be bringing chassis RK-739 to CMS. This car last raced at Bristol where Edwards finished ninth with it.
* REWIND, CHARLOTTE, October 2010… After fighting the handling much of the night Edwards ended up with a 12th-place finish. The crew spent the entire race making adjustments and they did make some gains by the end of the race, but Edwards ran out of time to gain any more track position.
- Roush Fenway Racing, Press Release