|Jeff Gordon paced Junior's car with the fastest lap in Saturday's final practice at Dover.|
Citizen Soldier 400
Dover International Speedway
Sunday, October 2, 2016 - 11:14 am PT
RATING DRIVER ODDS PRACTICE 1 START POS.* PRACTICE 2 DOVER '16**
1. Kevin Harvick 5/1 20th 6th 8th 15th
Won last fall, his first at the track in 30 starts (14,2 avg.); he's using that same chassis this week.
2. Chase Elliott 10/1 6th 9th 14th 3rd
Hendrick cars look fast, his looks the best. Second-best 10-consecutive lap average in practice 2.
3. Kyle Larson 7/1 1st 12th 7th 2nd
In five career Cup starts he's averaged a 6.2 finish, his best anywhere. Led 85 laps in May race.
4. Matt Kenseth 7/1 3rd 4th 12th 1st
Three-time winner with a 13th-place average finish in 35 starts. Led final 46 laps in May race.
5. Jimmie Johnson 8/1 5th 8th 19th 25th
All-time best at Dover with 10 wins and 3,003 laps led in 29 starts. Last won there in 2015 spring.
6. Brad Keselowski 15/1 19th 1st 22nd 6th
2012 win helped propel him to Sprint Cup title. Pole winner has won 13 of 93 races at Dover.
7. Kyle Busch 7/1 28th 3rd 18th 30th
Two-time winner and runner-up last fall. Best 10-consecutive lap average during Practice 1.
8. Carl Edwards 8/1 2nd 10th 9th 28th
2007 winner, but no top-10s in last seven visits. Tied for ninth in points, 16-points in front of 13th.
9. Martin Truex Jr. 6/1 10th 2nd 28th 9th
Notched first career Cup win at Dover in 2007, a track the New Jersey native call his home track.
10. Jeff Gordon 60/1 17th 18th 1st DNP
Five wins in 46 starts, the last coming in fall of 2014. His best car since replacing Earnhardt Jr.
* Qualifying cancelled due to rain. Starting lineup set by owner points
** Results from the May 15, 2016 race at Dover which featured 19 lead changes among 10 drivers.
Odds courtesy of Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook.
Micah Roberts, a former sports book director, has been been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1994. Follow on Twitter @MicahRoberts7