|Look who is back the mix? After a three month nap, Truex Jr. and Johnson are major players again.|
Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 12:16 pm (PT)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Practice 2 Practice 3 Kansas*
1. Kevin Harvick 5/1 1st 11th 14th 2nd
Two-time winner with 9.5 average finish; dominator on lap leads between six 1.5-mile tracks.
2. Jimmie Johnson 10/1 12th 6th 6th 1st
One of four tracks he's never won at; best 10-consecutive lap average in in final two practices.
3. Martin Truex Jr. 12/1 4th 1st 1st 9th
No top-5s in nine, but looks to be happeiest -- maybe Johnson -- with regular aero package.
4. Brad Keselowski 7/1 3rd 5th 2nd 7th
Two-time winner, including last season; kicked off 2012 Chase with a win and won the Chase.
5. Joey Logano 7/1 2nd 8th 23rd 5th
Career-best fourth last season; currently on spectacular run with nine top-5s in past 12 starts.
6. Matt Kenseth 8/1 13th 19th 3rd 6th
2013 winner in first year with Gibbs; on great run of winning three of past six races on schedule.
7. Denny Hamlin 12/1 30th 2nd 7th 41st
Sixth last season and career-best fifth in 2009; looked best of the Gibbs cars in final practices.
8. Kyle Busch 5/1 7th 9th 16th DNP
2008 winner, seventh last season; Chase has been issue over career, but he's new man in 2015.
9. Carl Edwards 12/1 15th 22nd 4th 20th
Career-best runner-up in 2010; fourth or better in past two 1.5-mile tracks -- won at Charlotte.
10. Kurt Busch 10/1 10th 10th 17th 8th
Career-best fourth-place in 2013; tenth or better in past three races on 1.5-mile tracks.
Note: Qualifying was cancelled due to rain so the starting lineup will be set by speeds set in practice 1.
* Results from the May 9, 2015 race at Kansas Speedway, a track similar to Chicagoland, and the last 1.5-mile track that didn't feature the low down force aero-package.
Odds courtesy of the Westgate Las Vegas Super Book.
Micah Roberts, a former Las Vegas sports book director, has been setting NASCAR odds since 1994. Follow him on twitter @MicahRoberts7