Micah Roberts Top 10 Driver Ratings
Coke Zero 400
Daytona International Speedway
Saturday, July 2, 2011 - 4:46 pm (PDT)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Qualified Daytona 500* Aaron’s 499*
1. Kevin Harvick 8/1 9th 31st 42nd 5th
Two-time winner including this race in 2010; using Talladega chassis that pushed Bowyer.
2. Kurt Busch 10/1 3rd 25th 5th 18th
Three-time runner-up; using winning Gatorade Duel car that finished fifth in Daytona 500.
3. Clint Bowyer 15/1 7th 3rd 17th 2nd
13.2 average finish; using winning (2010) and runner-up (2011) chassis from Talladega.
4. Dale Earnhardt Jr. 8/1 19th 6th 24th 4th
Two-time winner, the last coming in 2004; using car that pushed Johnson to Talladega win.
5. Jeff Gordon 12/1 5th 4th 28th 3rd
Six-time winner, the last coming in 2005. Leads all active drivers with 12 restrictor-plate wins.
6. Jimmie Johnson 12/1 20th 8th 27th 1st
2006 Daytona 500 winner with 16.6 average finish in 19 starts; using Talladega chassis.
7. Jeff Burton 25/1 8th 12th 36th 16th
2000 winner, finished fifth in the race last year; using winning Gatorade Duel car this week.
8. Carl Edwards 12/1 21st 14th 2nd 6th
2011 Daytona 500 runner-up tied best finish from 2008; using Talladega chassis this week.
9. Greg Biffle 30/1 22nd 17th 35th 7th
2003 winner during rookie campaign with three other top-five finishes; using Talladega chassis.
10. Mark Martin 30/1 6th 1st 10th 8th
No wins in 52 career starts with nine top-five finishes; teaming up with Gordon like at Talladega.
* Results from the February 14, 2011 and April 17, 2011 races at Daytona and Talladega, the only two restrictor plate races of the season thus far.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.
Micah Roberts, a former race and sports Director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more Roberts insights and post-practice analysis on the race, go to VegasInsider.com or follow MicahRoberts7 on Twitter.
Coke Zero 400 Starting Lineup
Coke Zero Lone Practice Session Speeds