|Edwards won at Kentucky in 2005 Nationwide race|
Team: No. 99 Aflac Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Bob Osborne
Chassis: RK-765 Last outing: Charlotte in May – finished 16th
Carl Edwards on racing at Kentucky Speedway: “I think everyone is in for a surprise with the fans. The fans there will be just insane. That is one of the neatest parts about going to Kentucky. Also the track has so many bumps and different lines you can run that I think it will be a lot better racing than we see at a lot of these 1.5-mile race tracks. I think it will be a great race and one that people look at and think that anybody can win it. I think we will have more passing there because of the bumps and you go through turns one and two and there are places with huge bumps and also really smooth lines. In the Nationwide race it was real hit and miss. If you go through a line perfect you would be fast. If you missed it you would be slow. In the Cup series the gap between cars is so small that if a guy misses a line one time, one or two guys might get by him. It is going to be neat and a little more old school.”
Crew chief Bob Osborne on racing at Kentucky Speedway: “It’s always challenging for a crew chief to race at a new track since we don’t have any notes from previous races to work from, but it will help tremendously that it’s not Carl’s first time at Kentucky. He has won there twice before so his experience combined with the things our teammates on the No. 16 learned from the tire test in June will be helpful. Everyone on the Aflac team is looking forward to the race and we’d like to be the inaugural Cup winners there.”
* CARL EDWARDS enters Kentucky second in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series point standings, only five points behind Kevin Harvick. This season Edwards has achieved one win, nine top-five and 12 top-10 finishes.
* FOR THE RECORD…Edwards will make his first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Kentucky Speedway Saturday, but he has six Nationwide and three Camping World Truck starts there. In his previous nine starts, Edwards has two wins, three top-fives and three top-10 finishes.
* SO YOU KNOW… Edwards scored his first career NASCAR victory at Kentucky Speedway in 2003 when he claimed his first victory in the Camping World Truck Series.
* ON THE TRACK… The No. 99 Aflac crew will be unloading chassis 765. Edwards last raced this car at the Coke 600 in Charlotte where he finished 16th. This will be the second race for the car.
- Roush Fenway Racing, Press Release